• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Members' Recommended Vets

Will get these added to the locators this evening :) Thanks

Can I suggest Fiona Diamond at Coastal Vets, Snettisham for anyone in the Kings Lynn / West Norfolk area. All the vets at the practise are brilliant, but Fiona has special interests in Rabbits and Guinea Pigs and has been amazing with my boys - especially for their castrations.

The practise details are:
16 Alma Road, Snettisham, Kings Lynn, Norfolk, PE31 7NY
Phone: 01485 544201

I'm from Dersingham! I did no know this so thanks! I take my pigges to medi vet south wootton. I did go to coastal once and saw the male vet but he didn't seem to no much about piggies

Hi, does anyone know of a piggy savvy vet in the West Norfolk area. There's a vet at a practise in King's Lynn who keeps pigs herself so I suppose she's about the best bet that I know of but I don't know if she's actually piggy trained. The nearest one in the vet locator is Norwich but thats over an hour from me so not ideal in an emergency. Thanks.

Which one in lynn is that?

I'm from Dersingham! I did no know this so thanks! I take my pigges to medi vet south wootton. I did go to coastal once and saw the male vet but he didn't seem to no much about piggies

If it was Chris, he runs the practise. He's fantastic, we run a dog rescue and he's been unbelievable with them all. But he's also been on paternity leave a couple of times recently so it may have been the male locum that was covering?

I'd definitely recommend Fiona with the guinea pigs - I've just had my two boys castrated and everything went so smoothly. If you have rabbits or guinea pigs she's the best person to ask for. Clare is also good with piggies, but I think that's more from personal experience - she treated my boy with the beginning of bumble foot as Fiona was away. Again smooth as anything.

If they were ever both away or it was an emergency I can personally vouch for Chris though, we've had upto 24 rescues (very small dogs) in the house over the past couple of years and he is absolutely fantastic. He's saved both of my two dogs lives over the past couple of years too. As far as vets go, he's brilliant and will always put the needs of the animal first. Obviously not piggy specific, but always good to know if you're in the same village!

I'm from Dersingham too! The vet I heard about in Lynn was Angharad at Millhouse Vets in Tennyson Road near the college but apparently shes no longer there. I used coastal vets in Snettisham with our first pig, Snowy. He was diagnosed with pneumonia and we were prescribed Baytril but weren't warned of the effect it would have on his gut or offered any probiotic. When I saw it was recommended on here to give probiotics alongside antibiotics I rang them and asked and they said it was completely unnecessary. Unfortunately I took their word for it as I wrongly thought they would know what they were talking about. Snowy was going downhill by the afternoon of the second day and I was trying to syringe him mushed up pellets with limited success and I rang to speak to the vet but he wasn't there, they said he would ring me back. No call came and I kept ringing them but still he wasn't there. I never did get a call back that day and we lost Snowy in the early hours of the morning. It was Chris we saw.

don't know if these have been mentioned already, but aswell as the fantastic aidan raftery at ashleigh vets manchester, there are also two other exotics vets who work there - michelle and shiva. :)

Has anyone gone to the anchorage vets in acle? Passed them today and they're fairly close to me, but I looked on the Google reviews and they seemed more keen on money than the care of animals going by the reviews :hmm:

image.jpg

Any recommended vets in Manchester? I've used Ashleigh Vets in the past but they are very expensive and miss diagnosed my poor Barley last year, she passed away after many attempts of treatment :(

Any recommended vets in Manchester? I've used Ashleigh Vets in the past but they are very expensive and miss diagnosed my poor Barley last year, she passed away after many attempts of treatment :(

Hi Guys
Can anyone recommend a good vets in the west midlands? All of my piggies are currently registered with Vets 4 pets in sutton coldfield, but i have my doubts about how much they know about guinea pigs and i'd rather have a decent vet set up before i really need them.
I really don't want a vet the treats guinea pigs as a disposable pet which i suspect vets 4 pets will.

Hi Guys
Can anyone recommend a good vets in the west midlands? All of my piggies are currently registered with Vets 4 pets in sutton coldfield, but i have my doubts about how much they know about guinea pigs and i'd rather have a decent vet set up before i really need them.
I really don't want a vet the treats guinea pigs as a disposable pet which i suspect vets 4 pets will.

You are in luck

• Manor Vets Edgbaston
    Marie Kubiak
    371/373 Hagley Road
    Edgbaston
    Birmingham, B17 8DL
    0121 4292829

• Rosewood Animal Hospital
    Kate Tipping
    1 Mason Street
    Coseley, West Midlands WV14 9EP
    01902 671777
    www.veterinary.org.uk/branches.php?id=1

• Vets4pets, Shellfield
    Sally Potter
    71 Lichfield Road
    Shellfield
    Walsall, West Midlands WS4 1PU
    01922 682 520

• Clent Hills Vet Group
    Rod Stroud
    12 Kidderminster Road
    Stourbridge
    , DY9 0QD
    01562 883621

• Wombrook Vets
    Rosie Levene-Barry
    56 Rookery Road
    Wombourne
    Staffordshire, West Midlands WV5 0JQ
    01902 324551

You are in luck

• Manor Vets Edgbaston
    Marie Kubiak
    371/373 Hagley Road
    Edgbaston
    Birmingham, B17 8DL
    0121 4292829

• Rosewood Animal Hospital
    Kate Tipping
    1 Mason Street
    Coseley, West Midlands WV14 9EP
    01902 671777
    www.veterinary.org.uk/branches.php?id=1

• Vets4pets, Shellfield
    Sally Potter
    71 Lichfield Road
    Shellfield
    Walsall, West Midlands WS4 1PU
    01922 682 520

• Clent Hills Vet Group
    Rod Stroud
    12 Kidderminster Road
    Stourbridge
    , DY9 0QD
    01562 883621

• Wombrook Vets
    Rosie Levene-Barry
    56 Rookery Road
    Wombourne
    Staffordshire, West Midlands WV5 0JQ
    01902 324551
Wow thank you. :) I will give those a try.

ashleigh vets are well known to be the best around our area, but depending on where you are, cheshire pets might also be close (for those in south manchester usually) and the very excellent molly varga works there :)

Back