• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Rememberence day

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

snugglypig

Did anyone go to any rememberence day ceremonies this morning?

we don't have them in Ireland but I did have a minute silence at 11 am this morning

Karen

I didnt go to anything this morning - but I did do my minute silence yesterday at 11, I know its a sunday they do it on, but I like to do it on the actual day... ;)

Trace xx

i always make a point of takling to the Old boys selling the Poppies. I get quite emotional when they have their medals on. Thanks boys :-*

I miss seeing the poppies being sold.
When I lived in England I wore them with pride, but it isn't something you could do here
I was given my grandads medals after he died, which i treasure.

karen

I live in London and I haven't seen ONE poppy being sold this year NOT ONE! I know I don't get out much but they used to be everywhere. I watched the parade on tv and got quite emotional. I don't have any relatives that were in the two world wars but it's still very recent history and should never be forgotten.

I always buy a poppy every year, i get emotional too when i see all their medals.

Debbie, theyve been sold in a lot of tube stations so unnless you get the tube you mightve missed them

I buy one every year without fail.
Its very important to remember.

I went to the Cenotaph once - it was very sad.

DebbieR said:
I live in London and I haven't seen ONE poppy being sold this year NOT ONE! I know I don't get out much but they used to be everywhere. I watched the parade on tv and got quite emotional. I don't have any relatives that were in the two world wars but it's still very recent history and should never be forgotten.
totally agree I get quite emotional that these brave men died for our country and look at what we are doing to it now, >:( >:(, apparently more people are emigrating out of Britain now more then ever, its not right is it? I love the 1940s era and think back to long chats I had with my Grandparents when they were alive about the war etc they lived in SE London and were all part of it, my mum was born on 5th june 1944 and a doodle bug hit the hospital,

My maternal grandparents were both too young to be in the war. Me and Steve are the same age(37) but his grandad fought in the second world war. When we met he asked me what my grandad done and I said "he was 7 and he was evacuated to St Albans" I have a very young family.
However, my paternal grandfather fought in the war. That's where he met my gran. She was a 16 year old German girl and came back to England with him after the war

I have a lovely war veteran who comes around to my work every year and i buy my poppy from him :)

At 11am saturday my daughter was supposed to be coaching a game of basketball, the refs asked would we mind if we celebrated Remeberance Day ? I was very pleased to do so and the kids showed plenty of respect, good to see.

Lest We Forget

My husband was in the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers for 9 1/2 years and so rememberence Sunday is very regimental for us all. Its so important we remember all those that have died to give us what we have today...it could have been very different!

My husband served in the first Gulf War and lost 9 of his friends, two very close friends in a friendly fire incident in 1991 and not a week goes by without him shedding a tear for them. He said he cant imagine what it must be like for the veterans of the 2 great wars, everything they ve seen, and lost.

All i can say is thank you to them, and we should wear our poppy with pride! :)

I usually watch it on TV and end up in floods of tears, especially when that really old guy comes on (who was in the trenches in WW1- he's amazing.).Missed it this year.

Yes I go to our local cenotaph every year. My husband served in the Falklands and I have a friend who lost her brother on the Sir Galahad. My son was in the Air Cadets a few years ago and formed part of the guard of honour. We were very proud. It is a very emotional time of year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back