• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Rescue Mission

Poor beautiful thing and thank goodness he has found you. What a wonderful new start he will have to life thanks to you. x

My friend took on an ex breeding Yorkie bitch, Cassie, who was so terrified that she (Cassie) would sleep under the kitchen units. She would squeeze behind a gap in the kickboards. When they took her for a walk with their other dog and threw the ball for him she would cower thinking she was going to be hit. She was tiny and extremely malnourished where she had only been fed when she was in pup. It took my friend about 5 years to turn her round and it took Cassie well over 3 years before she would allow me to approach her without running off. Poor thing had been so traumatised and never shown any love. All she had known from humans was cruelty. It's amazing what love can do. Cassie is now a confident happy piggy 7 years later.

It sounds as if Odie will like living with you. It hasn't taken him long to follow you around.

How is it possible to abuse an animal like that. How? How can anyone completely turn off their empathy and instinct to protect an innocent, vulnerable little being that is looking to you for love?

you know that’s the bit I just cannot get my head around, never have. It’s the ability as you Rightly say, to turn off what you would think would be a strong natural instinct to do that to something or someone which I just cannot fathom. Frankly it scares me too.

End of week one;
Odie is settling better than I expected, starting to get across the language barrier, didn't say hes only be spoken to in lrish gaelic, so he's having to learn English,
Plus learn his new name , tried treats ,as yet he s not taking any, possibly because he as never had them. By the way he's acting, would say he only came out his cage to mate. If lm sat down and hold my hand down ,he will walk very slowly and put his head under it, and allow my to gently rub his head. Then retreat back to his safe corner. Building trust slowly, is the way forward.

I’m sad because of what he experienced before but happy that he is coming out of his shell. Take your time Odie, you’ll be just fine now.

Oh teddymouse thank goodness there are wonderful people like you to travel so far and bring Odi to his new home - he can sense already how lovely you are and trust and love will follow ! Sending lots of hugs to you both 🥰

3 weeks on, and the difference in him is unbelievable, he is more confident, will come and put his chin on my knee for a fuss, bark to greet me if l go out. Still worries at loud noise or sudden movements. I leave the front door open most of the day, andhe wanders in and out,checking to make sure l haven't gone. He will happily watch Peridot and Amber in their yard ,and learnt hes not allowed in there, 20201009_141947.jpg20201009_141932.jpgthey must be something he as never seen before, he makes no attempt to go near them, he has now met the herd with the same reaction, knowing he has his own yard and staying to it. And having his own toilet area, he now uses all the time he needs to go, He is learning very quickly ,prays he gets in abundance, and works for it, he doesn't like the word NO! and works quickly not to get a repeat NO,

Back