• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Rescue Mission

teddymouse

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
had a call 4 weeks ago asking me to do a rescue mission, l used to always have rough collies, my last old girl died 3yrs ago, but l have always kept in touch with the collie club,lots of old friends, A collie had come into the rescue,he was nearly 6 years old, and kept mostly in a 2x 3 foot cage, ( you keep piggies in bigger cages) possibly abused. Could l get him ,4 weeks to sort his jabs and passport out,and waiting g for the vet to say he could travel, what a wait, and l still had no idea what condition he was in, or what color he was ,these 3,
Tri ,sable, blue marle, 4 if you count shaded sable. Got the call, set off 8am Tuesday morning on my own , to arrive at Pembroke ferry ,(after first go wrong and driving to Fishguard ferry,) to catch the 2.45 am ferry to lreland,were late getting to Rosslare because of fog,7.15 am ,should have been6.45am. Was booked on return ferry,at 8.45am, was met outside the port, l cryed at meeting this beautiful creature, a gorgeous blue marle dog stood there in front of me, a broken dog. He travelled back in my campervan, did not want to put him into the ferry kennels. I got home with him at 9.30pm last night, very tired. Settled him down for the night, he didn't want to be involved with me ,and sat in the corner of my kitchen facing the wall, not making eye contact. It broke my heart, to see is proud dog rejection like his, but like the rescue piggies, he's now in his forever home, its cost me well up in 4 figures, but worth every penny, now for the long hard road ahead, to get him to his proud magnificent self again.20200917_191805.jpg20200917_191741.jpg

What a lucky dog to have found a home with you.
With the love he’ll get and a caring home, hopefully he will recover fully quickly

Back