• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Review: Carefresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

I thought I would make a review page for each bedding so then people can read through each review and can then decide which is best for them.

On this thread please only write a review on what you think of the bedding the topic is about and then out of five stars ***** give it the number you think it should get. (5 stars = best)

Your review should look like this....

"I think.... <write your review>

*** (3 stars)"

If you would like to discuss this particular bedding or ask any questions, please start a new thread or find the approriate thread to post in.

Thanks

Re: Carefresh - Members Reviews

I find any bedding that is mad e of small parts a bit messy for guinea pigs and rabbits, unless they are housing in enclosed plastic cages but if it is used as a bedding and I have used it in the past for guinea pigs it is great at keeping smells in but still needs to be changed almost as often as hay. Eg every 3 days as apposed to every day or second day with hay depending on the size of the housing.
As a bedding for hamsters and other small rodents it's excellent, 100 better than woodchips so as beddings go I would give it top marks for absorbancy, keeping smells in, easy to use as long as you have it contained.

Carefresh bedding *****

Great bedding for hamsters and really small animals but found it to be messy for my guinea pig. I had to change it almost every other day to keep it fresh cause he pees and poops a lot.

However, I would give Carefresh ***** (5)

I tried carefresh a couple of times only as it's kinda expensive if you have a few piggies.
It was good that it soaked up pee and that it didnt smell so much, but it gets really soggy and within a day it's total slush! (for me anyway), so never stayed with it

it got stuck on piggies feet and wasnt that good for them in my opinion

** 2 stars because it was good a soaking and getting rid of smell..

: arfrsh - Mmbrs viws

[color]I rally lik carfrsh (apart from th cost!)

I fin that it lasts longr than wooshavings an a lot of othr bings an I on't hav to clan thm out as much. I fin that a lot of othr bings start to smll quit soon aftr claning but I fin carfrsh smlls a lot bttr.

Its a sham thy on't mak biggr bags of it!

**** (4stars)

Last edited by a moderator:

I use 4 large bags of Carefresh every week for my 5 cages. I love it.

Nothing else lasts the whole week. I give it ****

It is VERY dusty. I need to wipe down my window plantation shutters and all surfaces weekly.

Weekly cage cleaning
Guineapigs072.jpg

I think it is a great bedding except its quite pricey! I use it, and the pigs seem to like it, it's easy to clean, absorbs well and that's all that matters for me ;D

5 Stars *****

Livie x

I use the carefresh. i think its great as its does'nt get tangled in piggies fur like shavings as he's a texel x alpaca. it is expensive but i'm lucky as my piggy has a strange habit of perching on his hay bowl with his bum over the edge and does it in the same place on the floor every time! I spot clean this area and change the lot every week.

I give Carefresh a *** 3 star rating its expensive it doesnt seem to absorb as well as shredded newspaper I get my trusty paper shredder out and go to town shredding up a pile of newspaper it lasts a week at most in the cage compared to CF that lasts at most 2 days. :)

does any one know what size bags carefresh comes in ? i can only find small bags that would work out at over£45 a week for me ! :D

Carefresh is good. I find it really easy to clean out because it clumps together better. There is a cheaper and even better version of this called megazorb. It's originally designed for horses but if you have several piggies its excellent value. I only know a few places you can get it at the moment but it will soon be availible on the web.

I use this for my 2 indoor piggies and I think it's really good, not dusty and stays clean, easy to clean out and hoover up! I believe you can get coloured Carefresh in the USA, wish it was available here!

well ive just started using carefresh I'm impressed so far seems goof though i got mine online for 3.75 which makes upto 10 litres

I think that Carefresh is the best bedding out there- no comparison- but we have to use aspen bedding because of the cost. So, if price is not a factor a definte ***** (5) star rating. But if it is a factor then a **** (4) star rating.

Kimmie

Does anyone know where you get Carefresh from in the UK?

Some independent pet stores sell it, as does Pets at Home. I think you can also buy it on line from some pet product suppliers. Pets at Home price was £2.99 per bag I think last time I looked - trouble is it's a small bag. Supposed to bulk up to about 10lt I think, but for my C&C cage I needed two bags every time I cleaned it out so it became a very expensive option - good stuff though!

pets at home have it on offer 3 bags for the price of 2 at the mo.
owl x

I got mine in a 50litre bag from bunnybasics

i dont like it as much as shavings though :(

I've used carefresh for a month or two now. It is expensive but Spike loves it! He's been on towels for 2 weeks since his op and I finally put his cage back to normal and he seemed really happy! I ha been toying with keeping thm on towels but hte mess was terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back