• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Review: Vetbed

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

I thought I would make a review page for each bedding so then people can read through each review and can then decide which is best for them.

On this thread please only write a review on what you think of the bedding the topic is about and then out of five stars ***** give it the number you think it should get. (5 stars = best)

Your review should look like this....

"I think.... <write your review>

*** (3 stars)"

If you would like to discuss this particular bedding or ask any questions, please start a new thread or find the approriate thread to post in.

Thanks

Re: Vet Bed - Members Reviews

i think vetbeds are the best bedding ever. easy and cheap in the end. piggies love it. its easy on their feet and warmer to especially if you have outdoor piggies or piggies who live in garages or sheds.

i give it 5 stars *****

I think vetbed is by far the best bedding you could provide your piggy. It is comfertable, 100% safe - not dusty, doesn't remove oils on the feet, would never cause any illnesses etc. It is also very easy to clean, just throw it in the wash and replace with a different Vetbed while one is being washed, then switch over and you can even hoover out the poo's daily, which is a nice easy way to spot clean.

The piggies very much enjoy it and I enjoy using it.

I find vet bed warm and cosy for the critters and is one of the best beddings out there, however I don't give it full marks because it can be a pain to clean esp. if lots of hay and hair get stuck in it and it can clog up your washing machine. Excellent for recovering or ill animals.

4 stars ****

Vet bed is the best, i have tried many sorts of bedding and i feel it is by far the best. It is very cosy and hygenic for the piggys and very easy to keep clean. A cat litter scoop removes poos daily and a stiff brush removes all hay. Washes and drys very easily... and it doesn`t smell. I LOVE IT!
10/10

***** 5 stars

I have tried many, many beddings and Vetbed is the best. I have an unusually large and complicated cage, so a material bedding is my only option. I also use fleece, but Vetbed is my personal favourite.

The urine sinks to the hardback bottom, leaving the surface almost completely dry. It is very easy to prepare for the wash; the shape is quite solid making it easy to shake and brush the poops and hay off. It washes in a washing machine very well, and it dries in less than an hour in a tumble dryer.

Vetbed comes in many colours, including white, grey and purple. White is especially good for piggies recovering from veterinary treatment or who is ill, as any oozing can be spotted on the VB.

The only letdown is the cost. It cost me £41 for enough Vetbed to cover just one level.

5 stars *****
10 out of 10
100% great!

Recommend it to anyone!

I loved vetbed. Its so funky you can get it in all sorts of colours and its very cost effective because when you have bought your vetbed- 2 sets so you always have one to use while the other is in the wash you never have to buy any again. It was the best bedding I ever tried as all you had to do to clean out was brsuh of hay, shake off bits and bung in the washer. But my partner was none to pleased about me using the washer for it (only blocked it a couple of times!) so it was BANNED in my house. Which i was really sad about.

Vet bed- I'd give it 4 and a half stars though... and 5 if you have a dedicated piggy vetbed washer!

I bought some last week and have used it for the first time! FULL STARS from me, I love it!

Just ordered a 60inch by 40 off ebay, not sure how big that is lol

thats big. 60" is 5 feet or 152.4 cms and 40 " is 3.3333 feet or 101.6 cms

hope that helps

oh cool, I am assuming it can be cut up!

yes it can. a good stanley knife will work and a piece of wood for a straight line or a very very sharp pair of scissors.

What is vetbed? Is it like cottonwool stuff you put in hamster bedding or hay like bedding?

My piggies just have loads of meadow hay in their cage and house but they constantly eat it and it runs down quickly. ;D

Sorry for the simple questions, this is the first time I've owned piggies and just want things to be right. :)

Oh dear.. it sounds like a lovely thing to have, take it out, hover/brush it clean, put it in the washer... so the only waste is the newspaper to put underneath...

But I suppose I couldnt afford it - my cage has four levels, 75x50 cm each, which is about 1.5 square metres, so if I want two sets, Id need 3 square metres!

Is Ebay really the cheapest place to get it from? Where else would I get that sort of thing, dont think P@H or other petshops sell it, do they?

Abnoba said:
Oh dear.. it sounds like a lovely thing to have, take it out, hover/brush it clean, put it in the washer... so the only waste is the newspaper to put underneath...

But I suppose I couldnt afford it - my cage has four levels, 75x50 cm each, which is about 1.5 square metres, so if I want two sets, Id need 3 square metres!

Is Ebay really the cheapest place to get it from? Where else would I get that sort of thing, dont think P@H or other petshops sell it, do they?

P @H sell it but it's expensive. I only needed a small amount and I found some at a local pet shop on the roll but a metre still costs £20. So ebay is way cheaper even with p+p if you need a large amount.

I looked on Ebay Germany, and they sell a 100cm x 75 cm piece of it for 10,50 Euro (incl p&p) - so about 8 quid Id say?

Granted, I dont know how much posting to the UK would be. The piece itself costs 5,50 Euro. (3 to 4 quid)

Now I just wanted to make sure that this is what you guys here all use?

Ebay Link

Its called "Drybed - Original Isobed SL by Vetbed" is that the one you have? If so, Ill ask the seller now how much he charges for sending to the UK, and if its too much, Ill just have it sent to my family in germany and they can send it to me with their next parcel or something... Would you say vetbed is particularly heavy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back