• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Riddles!

Hmmm :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm: Ummmmmmmmmm

Is it Matrimony?

My first is often at the front door. Mat
My second is found in the cereal family. Rye
My third is what most people want. Money
My whole is one of the united states.

Not sure how the United States fits in :no: So probably wrong.

Peanut too @Betsy
I didn't get the united state bit either?!?

The united state bit is a play on words...if you enter holy matrimony you have entered a "united" state.

Oh
Another riddle!
If it's information you seek, come and see me.
If it's pairs of letters you need, I have consecutively three.

Who am I?

Ok this one I don't know, maybe it's too early in the morning

Nope, still stuck on the 3 part.

My brain has now warmed up - I have had wine!:beer:but only a glass (but how big?)

Is it a book keeper?

My brain has now warmed up - I have had wine!:beer:but only a glass (but how big?)

Is it a book keeper?
I had to look that word up in another language....but I still don't understand the whole 3 thing. I guess that profession is just too alien to me ;)

Neither do I - I have to be honest - I cheated! :oops: I asked my son who is (almost) a fully qualified accountant! (Just 3 more exams to go until he's paper qualified and another year until he's time qualified) They say confession is good for the soul!:D

Neither do I - I have to be honest - I cheated! :oops: I asked my son who is (almost) a fully qualified accountant! (Just 3 more exams to go until he's paper qualified and another year until he's time qualified) They say confession is good for the soul!:D
Ask him how the second line of the riddle fits, I can't stand it

Right riddles!

Here's one for you!

Whoever makes it, tells it not. Whoever takes it, knows it not. And whoever knows it, wants it not.

What is it?

Ugh that took some serious thinking and a lot of guesses that did not fit all the criteria . Has to be something criminal after running though other options.

So if it's criminal it has to be something counterfeit...money? No one wants fake notes but they are so hard to spot depending on the skill of the criminal.

Back