right now I'm quitting for good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
well the story is... ive had pcos for past 2 years and ive been trying for a baby for the past year, ive got a blood test this week to put me on pills to help with conceiving, but the doctor said...

ill put you on pills when you stop smoking :O! i told him its blackmail but I'm going to do it :)

so far ive been cutting down but am trying to stop sooo i went on the nhs website n i calculated how much i spend a year on smoking... £1333.71 a year!! I'm only 20 in may n didnt think i smoked that much lol :)

if anyone has stopped smoking could you give me some tips :)

CandyFloss

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Wow..... good on you ! I dont really have any tips and havent been through that but maybe you could put the money aside and treat yourself with it after a few months ?

Good luck

xx

CPHill

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Never been a smoker myself so can't help you there, but it might be nice to put all the money you would normally spend on smoking into a jar then treat yourself to something at the end of the month?

Good luck. :)

Reaction score
well after i quit smoking the doctors going to put me on pills to help me conceive.. so I'm going to save all that money for the baby when we finally have one... o and spend some money on all 22 animals i have :)

janew

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Can't offer any tips as I've never seriously tried to giving up before. I'd be happy to work with you though as I want to give up before my holiday in May. I know our reasons for quitting are completely different, but a bit of moral support might help us both!

Reaction score
Most towns have the free stop smoking sessions either through the doctors/ hospitals or even in shopping centres, I've never smoked but my b/f quit in about 3mths.
They put him on patches and some kind of gum or tablet then a few weeks later his patch & tablets were reduced in strength and then again a few weeks later, then they took him off patches and around 3 weeks later he'd quit the tablets/gum and had totally stopped.
My friend is currently going through it and has smoked since she was 15 and she's 33 in a few months, she's found it incredibly hard but she's nearly there :) she feels healthier and happier and lots of spare pennies too.

Forgot to add .....[*]GOOD LUCK[/*]

mikulinek

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I gave up nearly two years ago after smoking for over ten years.

I had given up for just under a year once and once for 5 months. Both times I really missed it and it was only a matter of time before I started again.

This time, my GP prescribed me Champix. You keep smoking for the first week while the dose builds up in your blood and then you stop. I stopped after 6 days and haven't even wanted one since. I stayed on Champix for just under two months. The smell of smoke made me sick and I totally lost all urges to smoke again. Champix affects the are in the brain which makes you want to smoke.

Any way, I hope that's helpful and best of luck :)

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hiyah, well done for getting this far!

I gave up in 2001 when i moved jobs and my salary dropped, the only way i could afford to take the job was by quitting my 20 a day habit! (It totally paid off as i now have a lovely job and a half decent salary!)

I used the nicorette gum and gave up smoking 'except' for when i went out, but i didnt go out that often. After a couple of months i stopped completely. The reason i used the gum is because it gave me the lovely 'just had' a cigarette taste....yum :)>>>

I found it relatively easy, not sure if it was because it was the right time for me or because i couldnt afford to do it, however, i have always found that if you want to do something you will find the cash to do it.

You have to WANT to give up to do it succesfully.

Really really massive amounts of good luck (to all of you doing this), its the best thing i have EVER done and i will never smoke a cig again in my lifetime.

Just need to crack the weight now :red

Reaction score
thank you everyone for your lovely messages!

Can't offer any tips as I've never seriously tried to giving up before. I'd be happy to work with you though as I want to give up before my holiday in May. I know our reasons for quitting are completely different, but a bit of moral support might help us both!

i would love the support thank you, and btw... youve got a stunning pig on your pic x

Status
Not open for further replies.