• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Ringworm bath question.

Nic bee

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello, so we've been to the vets and my new piggie has ringworm just a small path on his ear but it looks sore. He's on oral meds but I'm thinking of giving his cage mate (no signs yet) and him a bath once his meds are done. What's the best process, I've looked at the guides and can see nizoral and imaverol mentioned, I have some gorgeous guineas lice and easy shampoo- which is best to use? And do I just wet- shampoo- rinse?
I'm doing my best to quarantine their room, am deep cleaning with F10 and changing clothes. Fingers crossed we get in top of it, have been using the oral meds for a week but no improvement yet ...

Hello, so we've been to the vets and my new piggie has ringworm just a small path on his ear but it looks sore. He's on oral meds but I'm thinking of giving his cage mate (no signs yet) and him a bath once his meds are done. What's the best process, I've looked at the guides and can see nizoral and imaverol mentioned, I have some gorgeous guineas lice and easy shampoo- which is best to use? And do I just wet- shampoo- rinse?
I'm doing my best to quarantine their room, am deep cleaning with F10 and changing clothes. Fingers crossed we get in top of it, have been using the oral meds for a week but no improvement yet ...

Hi! I would give his companion imaverol for 2-3 days, too. That should take care of the infection risk. then you can basically use any shampoo to wash any remaining spores out.

Hi! I would give his companion imaverol for 2-3 days, too. That should take care of the infection risk. then you can basically use any shampoo to wash any remaining spores out.
My effected pig is on Itrafungal- would you give the infected pig this for 2-3 days or is the Imaverol different? Sorry I should have said what he was on. I really appreciate your advice Wiebke

Back