• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

road condition, any info welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsM

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
my parents are travelling from Portsmouth to Liverpool on Wednesday. Anyone knows what the motorways are like? M40, M5, M6?

thanks

Although heading the wrong way from you, we travelled to Sheffield and back yesterday and the motorways were pretty clear (although very foggy)

Hope your parents have a safe trip :)

funny enough my parents are travelling from Portsmouth to bucks on Friday!

hoping the weather gets better, you can't get out my road in car:(

The roads round me are fine, i know I'm a bit away but nearer than some. On news last night it said Crosby was -17 at teatime! What?

I'm going to Birkenhead on Boxing Day, so i will be watching out for the road news too.

Safe journeys to all :)

I'm hoping they'r not diverted through Powys... :))

I don't know if it's of any help but we've done Newcastle - Birmingham - Newcastle today and the motorways were absolutely fine, when we had the bad snow a couple of weeks ago the motorways were ok, just had to take it a bit slower so I'm guessing the same goes for down your way. I know motorways are prioritised for getting them gritted and cleared so hopefully it'll be ok

heavy snow forecast for most of the day, especially late morning and lunch time, near Birmingham... anyone can update what it's like down there?

We've had a bit of snow overnight and its snowing now, we are near Stratford-upon-Avon...not too far from Birmingham if thats any help x

yes thanks.... the forecast for Birmingham is awful, yet Stratford and Stafford seem fairly OK...

are you trying to wake us up?? is there snow on the wirral?

yesssssssssssssssssssssss! we had a litle bit of snow in the night, up to an inch in places. Nothing to write home about! It's bright and sunny now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back