Rspb Bird Count Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPTV

Rescue Buddy
Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Is anybody else doing the bird count weekend for the rspb?

Basically its counting the birds where u live for an hour. Then recording the results on their website.
It doesn't matter if you're not very good at Identifying birds as they have pictures to help you anyway.

Sign up &give it a go. Its free &easy &only takes an hour of relaxing watching the birds :)

The results help to update the national database they keep into bird numbers.

I'm doing mine later when I have my meal&can watch out the window. Its a beautiful day for it, but tomorrow is still included to count.

Would be interesting to find out what birds have in their gardens :)
Xx

Veggies Galore

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Is anybody else doing the bird count weekend for the rspb?

Basically its counting the birds where you live for an hour. Then recording the results on their website.
It doesn't matter if you're not very good at Identifying birds as they have pictures to help you anyway.

Sign up &give it a go. Its free &easy &only takes an hour of relaxing watching the birds :)

The results help to update the national database they keep into bird numbers.

I'm doing mine later when I have my meal&can watch out the window. Its a beautiful day for it, but tomorrow is still included to count.

Would be interesting to find out what birds have in their gardens :)
Xx

I'll do this this afternoon when OH has gone to work.

It's a real eye opener taking part in this . I should have kept my numbers from years gone by.

We used to have dozens of sparrows in our hedge waiting for their turn on the birdfeeder and nowadays , we only get a handful.

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I will be doing (I'm an RSPB member too). We have quite a few birds visit and I plan to chop up some apple and cook some rice for the bird table as well as fill up the feeders. Will do it first thing tomorrow morning as more likely to spot birds in the early hours. We usually get magpies, blackbirds, dunnocks, blue tits and great tits so it will be excellent to see if I can spot anything new! My parents garden gets inundated with goldfinches and its only 10 min walk away so I hope I can entice some here.

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
I've never done this, and sadly won't get the chance, but it's lovely to see so many people getting involved :)

Coco&Luna

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I did it too, but i did it at my OH's gran's house after I made her her lunch and there's not much to look at outside her window eccept a carpark and so only seen a few (and a squirrel!) lol. Wish i'd waited and done it at home, I've always got tons hanging about the trees waiting on me filling my window feeder with suet pellets. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.