RSPCA news

Status
Not open for further replies.

starshine

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It is so sad isn't it?

I can't say I'm surprised though really - I have seen such dreadful things since I first started to do rescue work. It has got to the extent that I will no longer go out on rescue calls just have the animals delivered to me as it was just too distressing.

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
I don't blame you! I would get really angry if the people who had done it were there! It would not be pretty!

I can't understand why though?! If people couldn't look after them then I'm sure out there would. All they need to do is ask around!

L

lukey

Its a real shame, just imagine if someone kept you in awful condition without food or water or love... It would be like hell, and thats just what these animals have to go through everyday. I feel so sorry for them, unfortunatly there still seems to be a bit of a stigma attached to rescue dogs or cats etc, like people think that because they are in a rescue they may be violent with children or something... whereas all the animals want is a loving home. People need to be educated or else things will never change, also the laws need to be changed drastically for animal cruelty and abuse! make them suffer as much as their animals have!

C

claire

Its so awful, it makes me sick to think of the cruel evil people out there that could hurt an innocent animal.

P

princessguinea

I dont mean to upset anyone but I just saw in our newspaper that a man burned his neighbor's dog to death and all he got was probation! I mean this is madness! This man deserves to rot in jail! I think this is disgusting! It just breaks my heart...

S

snugglypig

Cases like these make me so angry >:( >:( >:(

reading some of them the punishments they just don't add up.
a ban is not a deterrent a few years down the line they can get more pets and do the same again there should be punishment of Jail maybe this may do it.

karen

S

staffie lass

It is so sad to think that nothing is getting better in this field we have had rescue and cruelty animals for over 30 years and it still goes on. I wish the RSPCA had the powers and punishments that the animal charities in America as shown in Animal rescue programes on Sky have. They go in with no messing with full police and court support and send offenders to prison often. They also rehome the animals quickley whereas the RSPCA if they are taking a case to court keep the animals until the case is heard which takes a very long time and the animals could be in loving new homes instead, sorry for the ranting on but it makes me so angry :(

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
I agree with you both there. Some people are only banned for a couple of months, yet to do the same again! >:(

Status
Not open for further replies.