• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Rufus training for ninja warrior

Just to note. I did help him down, this blanket is a guinea pig fleece liner, hanging from the door frame, by a trouser hanger. He had no way down but to drop

I ❤️ your YouTube videos! Sorry, only just found them 🤭

The one with your two piggies and all that grass, and the dark one eats one strand at a time, while the other one has a whole bunch of grass!

And your rat being so independent not having any help to come down off the roof off the cage.

But my favourite was your rats having floor time and play fighting. So cute 💕

The Rufus video got quite a lot of views I'm pretty surprised, because I know alot of people don't like rats because of the tail and their reputation from the wild Rat.

I ❤ your YouTube videos! Sorry, only just found them 🤭

The one with your two piggies and all that grass, and the dark one eats one strand at a time, while the other one has a whole bunch of grass!

And your rat being so independent not having any help to come down off the roof off the cage.

But my favourite was your rats having floor time and play fighting. So cute 💕
Thanks. Il try make some more clips when I next get them out 👍

This video had its own thread the other day, but got buried pretty fast because I posted it late. Rufus again, working for food rather than just getting it handed to him. I used the Guinea pigs old Nugget bowl because I scatter feed instead these days.

I used to work with a girl who had two rats. She said they'd sit on her shoulder, even when she walked about 💕. Do they have good vision? Do you have to keep them in same sex pairs/groups?

I used to work with a girl who had two rats. She said they'd sit on her shoulder, even when she walked about 💕. Do they have good vision? Do you have to keep them in same sex pairs/groups?
I'm still fairly new to pet rats, even though I had a few as a kid. But still learning about them. I think their vision isn't brilliant, and its bad for pink eyed rats, that have to swey their hids side to side to pick up on movement.

You can have mix sexed groups, but must get the male neutered first. But I've never looked into how risky it is or anything.

Do Rats Have Good Eyesight?

Here you go, I'm reading this now. Turns out I think I'm wrong about eye sight

You can have mix sexed groups, but must get the male neutered first. But I've never looked into how risky it is or anything.
People tend to do this with oldies/very bullied and low ranking ratties but single sex groups work much better, no fighting over bfs and gfs etc. I’d def not recommend doing mixed groups unless you’re very experienced! Could end badly!
@SkyPipDotBernie you had my heart going with that video! :eek: I’d be careful doing that with your boys not getting to climb much and being a bit overweight! Very easy to break a bone if they fall!

I'm still fairly new to pet rats, even though I had a few as a kid. But still learning about them. I think their vision isn't brilliant, and its bad for pink eyed rats, that have to swey their hids side to side to pick up on movement.

Do Rats Have Good Eyesight?

Here you go, I'm reading this now. Turns out I think I'm wrong about eye sight
The reason I asked was because when one was on the top of the cage and was so reluctant to have some assistance, it made me think of my short sighted hamsters who couldn't see what was in front of their nose! 😂 😂

People tend to do this with oldies/very bullied and low ranking ratties but single sex groups work much better, no fighting over bfs and gfs etc. I’d def not recommend doing mixed groups unless you’re very experienced! Could end badly!
@SkyPipDotBernie you had my heart going with that video! :eek: I’d be careful doing that with your boys not getting to climb much and being a bit overweight! Very easy to break a bone if they fall!
Yea I know, there were cushions behind me after the first time I wasn't expecting him to even attempt such a thing. I'm going to set a climbing frame up for them but make a soft landing out of cushions again.

Back