• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Rumbling, what does it mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

piggy

One of my piggies, Reggie, seems to constantly rumble! He rumbles up and down the divider of my C&C cage at Gus and even rumbles at me when I pick him up. He doesn't chatter or anything just this constant rumble and rolling himself from side to side. I've been letting him out with my rescue pig, horace and the two of them rumble madly at each other and do other unmentionable stuff to any part they can mount then settle down to chase each other about the floor! What does this rumbling mean?

Hiya,

It is a dominance thing. My pigs do it and my big pig Sunshine does it at lot at his buddy Twinkle. Makes me laugh as Twinkle just looks at him and popcorns off! There is no need to worry about it they are just figuring out who is boss and probably Reggie is saying thats me and making sure Gus knows it!

Louise
:)

My babies (2 monhs old) are permantly doing it at the moment, think they're just working out who's boss. Although its so funny they rumble away and then popcorn right round the cage till they meet rumble at each other and go running and popcorning again, great fun to watch. Just praying it doesnt get any worse lol

Yes it just them sorting out who is the boss nothing to worry about unless they end up in a full blown fight if that happens they must live apart.

This happened when my boys got a sniff of my girls and it turned into a fight. I had to take Bruce out of the cage for a little while( because he started it). I made it so they couldn't see the girls anymore. Now they don't fight anymore.

Thanks everyone at least I know it's perfectly normal and don't need to worry unless fighting breaks out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back