run time

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayjay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Now it's finally stopped raining I've been trying Fudge in a run on the grass. I put a pigloo in for him and he just sits in it the whole time, I couldn't even tempt him out with carrots. Is this normal and if he doesn't move is it worth doing or is it stressing him too much? Will he improve the more I do it?

On the same topic really, I was waiting for a corner house to arrive and he didn't have a hidey hole in his cage and he was happily running around squeaking and eating. On putting the house in, he spends most of his time in it. It seems by putting hiding places in I'm making him more scared than before.

Any advice welcome please!

Kathryn xx

lolseh

Reaction score
kayjay said:
Now it's finally stopped raining I've been trying Fudge in a run on the grass. I put a pigloo in for him and he just sits in it the whole time, I couldn't even tempt him out with carrots. Is this normal and if he doesn't move is it worth doing or is it stressing him too much? Will he improve the more I do it?
I put mine outside yesterday and they kept hiding in the tent so i took it out and they were fine. They just ran about and ate the grass.
kayjay said:
On the same topic really, I was waiting for a corner house to arrive and he didn't have a hidey hole in his cage and he was happily running around squeaking and eating. On putting the house in, he spends most of his time in it. It seems by putting hiding places in I'm making him more scared than before.
Misty hides in is tent all day so I took it out and just put it in a night and now he isn't as scared. He just sits in his toilet and watches everything that's going on. As for Sooty.. Doesn't matter what you put in his cage he'll still find some way to hide behind it ;D

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
The first time my lot ever went on grass they wouldn't move, as if to be frightened of it. If you put some hay in as well it may tempt him to go further. But it may just be that he needs to get used to it.

Put in lots of familiar items that are in his hutch/cage, I'm sure he'll change.

Status
Not open for further replies.