Samsung GALAXY - help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsM

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
so, the OH bought me the above mobile phone for Crimbo. I really like it but I have set the keyboard to swype by accident and can't go back to normal keyboard... argh! If anyone can help? thanks

Also, we set up the said phone to used wi-fi connection, so it's supposed to hook up to our broadband when I'm at home. I've been surfing and facebooking like crazy on my phone but now I'm not so sure whether it'll be free or not... Again, if anyone can help, it'll be most welcome.

MrsM

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've got an app for wi-fi, but if I don't select that it automatically selects another internet connection system. The booklet I have with it is very restricted re: information, etc. For example, I do not know whether I'm ever offline (except when I turn wi-fi off) but say I turn browser on, there is NO LOG OUT option.

Also, I stupidly set up my email address to my phone and cannot disable the e-mail alerts... it beeps evry few minutes and is driving me and the hubby potty

chrissy88

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Do you mean keypad when you type? can you swipe down a thing on top of your screen where it was wifi, Bluetooth, silent, vibration? is your wifi highlighted? Also if you want to cut all internet connection hold in your power button it will give you an option to turn data connection off

MrsM

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
thanks for that on the data connection thing.
Yes, I mean the normal keypad like when you text on a non-touchscreen phone. I can seem to be able to get that back

MrsM

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have found out what to do. I'm putting it here for future reference....

'On any input area (example sms message), press and hold, select "Input Method" then select "Samsung Keypad".'

phew!:laluot_11:

chrissy88

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Not sure if this will help but when you want to type something like in this box hold down on the screen you will get a *edit text box, with list of things go onto input method it will give you an option to use Samsung keypad or swype.

Status
Not open for further replies.