• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Saved From The Mouth Of A Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

This Little Piggie

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am soooo sad :(:(:( we were in the pet shop yesterday to buy our usual piggie things, my son was looking longingly at the only 2 mice in the shop (I'm scared of mice) I heard a man say to the pet shop boy that he wanted some mice for his pet snake aaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhh. My poor son's face was devistated. He got out the spends he had left (all £2.00) and asked the man how much the mice were, and was told £2.00. The rest is history, we are now the proud owners of Marcus and Cheese ! £2.00 for 2 mice and £25.00 for a mouse house.

Last edited:
Aw, well done to your little lad for saving those lucky meeces. I love mice and would love one some day :)

Love the names too by the way!

Aw how old is your son? Looks like you have a furry defender in the making! I'm sure he'll love having mice they are so interesting to watch. Sadly my Momo died today :( He was a dusty brown and white mouse with huge ears. I love mice so much congrats on the furry additions to your family :)

I looked into the petshop on my local market today. So wished I hadnt. Two foot square cage containing a humungus rabbit, jumping all over a beautiful guinea pig. I walked away. Don't know whether to feel more guilty about leaving it, or more guilty if I had bought it, only for it to be replaced by another.
We can't save the world sadly, but your two little mice have escaped, lucky for them you came along. Hope you have lots of fun with them. x

Aw how old is your son? Looks like you have a furry defender in the making! I'm sure he'll love having mice they are so interesting to watch. Sadly my Momo died today :( He was a dusty brown and white mouse with huge ears. I love mice so much congrats on the furry additions to your family :)

He's 8 :) Bless him. They are funny little things, I cant stop watching them :) Wont be picking one up though, thats the o/h job :)

Aw bless him! It's so nice how he cares for animals that much already!

(Gaara the corn snake would like to reassure you he would never eat a live mouse and most proper snake owners wouldn't feed a live one to their snake as it is horrific for both animals especially poor little mousey)

My mate feeds her snakes mice, but only frozen ones, I think her snakes would be too lazy to chase live ones about...I know snakes need to eat but there are enough places to get their food, not a pet shop, and talking about it in front of small kids lacks rather a lot of tact!

Sorry to hear you lost Momo, Amy :(

This Little Piggie, please will you ask your son to take a photo for us once his mice have settled in, I'd love to see a pic :)

Awwww what a wonderful son, the mice sound adorable congratulations on your little addittions! :))

Congratulations on your new furries. Your son is a star! I have 4 mice & they are so very entertaining. :)

I find it concerning that someone was in the pet shop openly admitting they were looking too purchase live mice feed to a snake. I would be reporting the pet Shop as it is against the law too feed live animals too reptiles.

I understanding the concept, a snake has too eat too but for me there is a big difference between what happens in the wild and someone buying an animal and putting it in with such a lethal creature. The animal just does not stand a chance. :(

Your son sounds like he will grow up too be a lovely person.

That concerned me too Flintstones.

You must be so proud of your son, I hope his mice are settling in well and that we can see some pics soon. I'd love mice one day too.

If that shop had sold that man the 2 mice for snake food you could of contacted the police. It is against the law to sell a live animal to be used as live food for another animal and its against the law to give your animal another live animal to use as food.

Contact the local council as well - they are responsible for issuing licences to pet shops. All councils should have enforcement officers, who inspect pet shops to make sure they are meeting the terms of their licence. They have the power to remove the licence that allows them to keep pets.

I report one of our local pet shops a couple of times a year, the owner is no longer allowed to sell reptiles, and his conditions always improve just after his inspection. Doesn't last for too long unfortunately.

I find it concerning that someone was in the pet shop openly admitting they were looking too purchase live mice feed to a snake. I would be reporting the pet Shop as it is against the law too feed live animals too reptiles.

I understanding the concept, a snake has too eat too but for me there is a big difference between what happens in the wild and someone buying an animal and putting it in with such a lethal creature. The animal just does not stand a chance. :(

Your son sounds like he will grow up too be a lovely person.

Do pet shops sell frozen mice? Perhaps that was what the man was asking for? Just hoping it may have been what he meant! :(

When I worked in a pet shop we sold frozen mice, rats, pinkies and fluffs - but yes it is illegal to sell live animals for reptile consumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back