• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Scab

5lovelyguineapigs

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I found this on my guinea pig about 7 days ago and I don’t know what it is
She still plays popcorns eats drinks and doesn’t mind when u touch it we have tried to put some pet friendly cream on and it’s gone down a bit we are hopefully going the vets in a couple of days (these photos are zoomed in)
image.jpgimage.jpg

Its tricky to see from the photos where abouts on her body this is located? But please avoid any home treatments and get her seen by a vet asap, if this appeared on one of my piggies I would definitely get it checked out within 24 hours... if you can add your location to your profile that would help us to help you better!

Its tricky to see from the photos where abouts on her body this is located? But please avoid any home treatments and get her seen by a vet asap, if this appeared on one of my piggies I would definitely get it checked out within 24 hours... if you can add your location to your profile that would help us to help you better!
She isn’t in distress but she is going the vets hopefully tomorrow and using the cream has made it go down quite a lot anyway thanks for the help and I’ll put it in mind not to use hoMe treatment 💙

Is it a raised lump with a head on it? Could possibly be a cyst. I agree that a vets will be the best option as if it is a cyst it may need removal depending on how big it is.

From the second photo it looks like it’s one of her nipples

Back