• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Scarby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
On Sunday, Lucinda text me to say that Scarby's 'hernia' had burst! Her first day of holiday!

I mentioned the magnesium sulphate (thanks heaps Michelle! :-*) and it helped out loads! Lucinda was mulling over whether to take him to the vets and telephoned Roger (the great vet in Bath), who suggested either waiting til she gets home or to find a vet in Northumberland.

Anyway she found a vet on Tuesday and they said they would be able to lance it off without the need for a general anaesthetic! Which I was highly amazed at! I knew it could be done, but finding a vet willing to do it is another story!

On Tuesday Scarby was given some antibiotics and has to go back on Friday! At the moment lots of gunk (as Lucinda says!) i coming out of it!

Lucinda asked me to keep all Scarby's friends posted!

Will let you all know more when I do!

xx Kelly xx

:o Poor Lucinda! Send her a hug from me and Scarby too poor thing, i bet shes glad she doesnt leave them with friends when she goes away she'd be frantic if she heard that and couldnt do anything x

Will do love. If she left them with people, she would be on the phone everyday I bet!

Lucinda said thursday evening that the abcess was golf ball size!

Scarby went to the vets on Friday and the lump was pea sized! LOL ;D

The vet used a local anaesthetic on Scarby in order to open up the hole a little more. The lump was then washed out.
They have to go back next week, but Scarby is on the mend!

Poor Scarby, sound really painfull.
But glad he seems to be on the mend

karen

Hi everyone! ;D
It's me and Scarby ;D
Thank you so much for all your good wishes! And thank you Kelly for posting this!

I was on the phone to Roger a lot as you can imagine. He found us a nice vet to go to. Scarby is doing really well. There is a lot less gunk but we are going to roger tomorrow (got home this lunch time). Scarby is cheerful and singing happily. The vets we saw away were amazed at Scarby and the liver re-section. They said Scarby was too good to be true. I swelled with pride. Well it might just have been I had been eating too much on hols . . .

[colorr]Wlcom back ucina ;D

Last edited by a moderator:
wow! i'm so glad that all is going well and that scarby is on the mend. you are in my thoughts. :D

when I rang up Roger from hols he said I could probably treat it at home (as Kelly suggested) with the magnesium sulphate. then he asked how big it was and I said about the size of an egg! I was a bit hysterical at this point. So he said then i should find a vet and he looked one up for me. Anyway when we saw the vet she said it was nearer the size of a big pea! Silly me! ;D

Scarby seems almost totally better now ;D Roger couldn't get any more muck out and Scarb's tummy is now flat. Roger suggested I keep on with the Baytril over the weekend, and with the probiotics for a week after.

the only prob is Roger is now off for two weeks hols in Greece so if there is a flare-up we will have to see his partner. We have only seen her once and she seems nice but doesn't know so much about Scarby's history. Anyway, paws crossed we won't have to.

Scarby would like to thank everyone for the good wishes ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back