• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Scrapper - Forum Sponsor Piggy - Barc

Anniversary Herd

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
baby scrapper.jpg

Back Story
BARC took in a large rescue of 5 pregnant sows, plus 4 boars in March 2015 and 15 babies were born in rescue. Scrapper was born to Milly on 19/3/2015, she had 6 babies. One died at 3 days, Scrapper weighed 70g at birth but by day 3 only weighed 59g. His lovely fosterer took advice from the forum and started him on milk feeds as it seemed Milly had rejected him
https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/smallest-baby-is-struggling.125405/
Scrapper started gaining weight after about 6 days and his mum accepted him and started to feed him, after that he didn't look back.

sb.jpg

He was separated from his mum and sisters when he was about 4 weeks old and had reached around 200g. He was paired up with another baby boar called Frankie.

sf.jpg

Scrapper gradually gained weight and was doing well until August 2015 when I noticed him squeaking when passing urine, he also had blood in his urine and lost a bit of weight. He was diagnosed with a urinary tract infection and treated with a 10 day course of Septrin and Metacam. He improved quickly, but after a few weeks his symptoms recurred. This time he had a 3 week course of Septrin and has had no further problems.

Scrapper was neutered on 1/2/16 , unfortunately he had a post operative abscess, this was treated by needle aspiration and metronidazole, and it cleared up quickly.

On 8/3/16 he was bonded to Mavis and Lili who he loves.
Remember Scrapper?

Scrapper has the reputation of teaching the foster pigs naughty ways
The Tribe Names In My Signature And The Faces Behind Them
Classic Boar Glue Nose!
https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk...ar-south-yorkshire.140098/page-2#post-1907430

Scrapper 1.JPG

Thank you for reading my story - Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankyou to the wonderful guinea pig forum for sponsoring dear little Scrapper. He is an amazing piggy who defied all the odds to be here. I read back through the thread about him as a baby and l can't really believe that he survived. That's how he got his name, Scrapper, the little fighter. We will keep you updated about his antics!

Aww hello there Scrapper you lovely boy :love:

I am so pleased Scrapper has become a forum sponser piggy @pig in the city and I feel privileged to have met him twice.

I just love the photo of him and Ellen's brother, Frankie.

You have done an amazing job with him and all the other piggies in your care Barbara and you truely deserve this sponsorship.

Keep up the good work xx

Aww hello there Scrapper you lovely boy :love:

I am so pleased Scrapper has become a forum sponser piggy @pig in the city and I feel privileged to have met him twice.

I just love the photo of him and Ellen's brother, Frankie.

You have done an amazing job with him and all the other piggies in your care Barbara and you truely deserve this sponsorship.

Keep up the good work xx
Thankyou Claire, l really appreciate your kind words and your support.
As you know Scrapper is a very special piggy and is close to your heart because of his family ties to Ellen. Frankie is now living with his mum Pencil and sister Cynthia x

Thankyou Claire, l really appreciate your kind words and your support.
As you know Scrapper is a very special piggy and is close to your heart because of his family ties to Ellen. Frankie is now living with his mum Pencil and sister Cynthia x

Aww, I'm glad Frankie has joined his mum and sister :) He reminds me so much of Ellen. Oh, and I forgot to tell you, her glucose levels have stabilised again since coming off the metacam :) x

Update from Scrappertown.

Foster pigs Trigger and Jeremy have been neutered and will be looking for wives after 6 weeks. They were very brave boys at the vets.
Long term resident Eleanor has a recurrence of her urine infection so samples have been sent for culture.

New arrival Eileen is being treated for snuffles and Evie has some mild IC and is on metacam.

So another busy and expensive trip to the vets, your sponsorship means a lot to us. Thankyou

Update from Scrappertown.

Foster pigs Trigger and Jeremy have been neutered and will be looking for wives after 6 weeks. They were very brave boys at the vets.
Long term resident Eleanor has a recurrence of her urine infection so samples have been sent for culture.

New arrival Eileen is being treated for snuffles and Evie has some mild IC and is on metacam.

So another busy and expensive trip to the vets, your sponsorship means a lot to us. Thankyou

I hope Trigger and Jeremy aren't waiting long for new wives and Eleanor, Eileen and Evie are all feeling better very soon xx

WP_20160630_08_31_07_Pro[1].jpg
Scrapper's diary...6/11/2016

So I was a bit worried about chief wife Mavis yesterday, she has been poorly with her chest again. But the piggy carer noticed in time and started her on her medicines, so we are all happy again, especially as we are getting extra treats...hee hee hee! Thanks Mavis!

An Early Christmas Miracle?

Back