• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Screaming Children *eye Twitch*

Status
Not open for further replies.

A&T

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So for about a month now we've had a family, well two family's that live next door to each other who have been making sitting in the garden hell!

They have a trampoline which when they're all on it you can't hear yourself think! They're so loud! Theres a gap at the bottom of there garden so they run back and forth into each others gardens and there's about 8 of them if there all playing.

Don't get me wrong I know children like to play etc etc but you literally can't sit in your garden, you can hear them in my front room! And we have to have the tele up so loud! And its every single day now that it's summer holidays! You can't enjoy the garden. Ive actually heard people who's gardens back on to there's shouting "SHUT UPPP" because its so constant.

Not only all the noise but the Neighbour in between ours has a dog called Tuga and they'll get on the fench and call him until he comes out. I've seen them do it before but mostly he ignores them apart from the other day, I saw them sitting, yes sitting. On my neighbors fence dangling their feet over, in fact one of the older children maybe 12-13? Went to lower herself into there garden! She only stopped when my OH banged on the window and shouted don't! Anyway she didnt try to get in after that but they then started throwing stuff at it, twigs, stones and then! AND THEN! she fed him a few slices of bread?!? And something else I couldn't make out! So I went down stairs and was like "don't feed him bread! It can make a dog seriously ill you can't feed other people dogs random food' she just stared at me like I hadn't even spoken and continued to call him?! I went in and apparently my mum head them say "well they don't feed him properly" ERGH! What do they even know?!? I've looked after that dog and he's fed fine! Made me so angry, I'm waiting to see my neighbor to tell them what happened.

So yeah... I needed to rant sorry! I know some people have children on the forum but personally as I child if I or my friends made that much noise we were told to think about other people and turn the volume down.

Oh and there's a new bunch or kids now about 3 doors down who have high pitched screaming completion!?! Parents dont say anything either just let them! Literally screaming for as long and as high as they can! They've been doing it this evening for about half an hour.. Its a joke. Mum went out in the garden to tell them to shut up but they stopped before they could and then we saw someone else (a neighbour) telling them to! Where are there parents?!?! Do they not care about other people?!?! Again if I screamed like that for fun my mum would have killed me!

Again... Sorry for the rant just need to get it off my chest.. Can't deal with it anymore, and it's really getting me down that I can't just sit in some peace in my own garden! Even if its just an afternoon! :hb::cen:

On wow. What a nightmare. I don't let my children behave like that, we have a trampoline but mine are taught to be considerate to others and not to annoy the neighbours.

We are having a lot of trouble with children at work too. I work in a shop with a lot of glass and breakable things. They zoom around the shop screaming and shouting. One kid even hid under a table a few days ago and refused to come out even after being asked by other members of staff! The shop I work in has a lot of elderly customers and I would hate for one of them to be knocked down by a child!
The parents don't help either though, they just let them continue running around:doh:

I work on a postnatal ward in hospital and visiting time is a nightmare. The amount of times I have returned children/toddlers to their parents after they have been wandering behind curtains into other patients bed spaces or running up and down the corridor screaming and shouting. My favourite phrase: "this is a hospital not a playground!"

I've noticed it recently too, when I was younger we'd shout, we'd laugh loudly, but unintelligible screaming is a new one on me, sometimes I hear it and wonder if someone's being murdered.

Sadly it's adults too where I live - my neighbour stands outside her back door (pretty much right under my bedroom window) when she has a fag and coughs incessantly, all hours of the day and night. I've resorted to banging the window shut when she starts up at 4am but I'm so tempted to start flinging piggy poo at her!

That does sound so frustrating @A&T :( I always worry how my future kids are going to turn out, but I would certainly consider myself a failure if they grew up to be disrespectful and disruptive :yikes:

I know how frustrated you feel @A&T. We have a problem with noisy children and adults. Most of the children are visiting grandparents in neighbouring houses, trouble is the adults are as bad as the children, the shouting and screaming goes on all day. I used to love children but these days I actively avoid them whenever possible. I comment these days when I see a well behaved child rather than a badly behaved one, it didn't used to be that way. The thing that bothers me most is that adults and children seem to be tense, miserable and whining all the time, no one seems very happy.

Reactions: A&T
I am mum of five but incessant screaming isn't on.Annoying animals and feeding them craps isn't on either.My grandchildren are taught the same manners and respect for people and animals as my own were.There is a little boy next door to my sister who climbs over her fence then goes into her neighbours garden.Had put him back over the fence three times in half an hour and in the end told his mum to watch her son properly.If he falls while climbing he hits concrete headfirst

Scary stuff! Some parents just have no idea of the dangers of some things!

she has been told by me, my sister and my sisters neighbour have all told her. Don't think she is that bothered. Mine didn't get out in the garden on their own till they were five

I work with children (generally the under 5s) I'm a big believer in children being children, playing etc and everything that comes with it but there comes a point where it is ridiculous and I think you found it @A&T !

I find now that a lot of the time parents just don't care, as long as their child/ren are out of the way, entertaining themself/ves they're not bothered. They aren't taught manners, how to respect other people, behave around other people and their property, how to treat animals so just run wild. My pet hate at the minute is all the screaming children in shopping centres that are allowed to run too far in front or lag behind their parents. I suppose they wouldn't blame themselves if the child was kidnapped because they weren't being supervised properly, would they?

Oh goodness poor you, I have five children and if the make too much noise in the garden they come in , two of them are older , but I have twin girls who are two and they are very noisy , I understand its hard to keep kids quiet but you can distract them and bring them inside . I used to have dogs outside next to me and the barking used to drive me crazy so much I used to go out , as you could here it inside .
Nothing worse than repeated noise .

My goodness that sounds manic! How disrespectful of them! I used to live next to a school playing field and the teens would get so loud that sometimes we had to call the police. We have since moved into a street with mostly elderly occupants. Much quieter! Hopefully your street settles down soon and the parents can get a handle on those kids!

I wonder if this is just a UK thing, cause when i go to my bfs place in FL, theres kids around but they never scream and shout like they do here in the uk. And he lives in a very poor area too, last time i was there there was a shootout one night. But overall its pretty quiet in regards to screaming kids. When I go on holiday to other countries, the native kids dont normally scream the place down.

You know, I suspect their parents just don't give a toss as long as their kids are not directly annoying them. My kids are 9 and 4. I privately think they can be little monsters, but I am often complimented on their good behaviour, which just goes to show most other kids must behave appallingly!

I'm so glad I'm not alone in my low tolerance level of badly brought up children! I was a bit worried when I posted it that people might have thought I was being totally unreasonable!

I hate it when children run around shops! The other day I was in Smyth's and I had to stop a little boy from walking out the shop. Dad had noticed but was half way up an isle! If that kid had gone out the door god knows what could have happened! An there the first ones to put the blame on everyone else if anything happens to them! @Abbie

As for children running around hospitals! That would drive me crazy! I just don't understand why people cant just give them something to do like a colouring book or something? And if they know they will wanna run a round and get bored then just simple don't take them! It's not fair on everyone else @AbiS

Oh god @katanamoon I'd be tempted to throw poo out the window too! Do it! Haha. If my kids every grew up like that...well.. I just wouldn't let it get to that point! And if it did then yep, I'd feel like a failure too! (Its put me off ever having kids though! I'll stick to cats.. And guinea pigs)

@madguinealady what?!? Thats mental! He's just coming into your garden?!? What the hell! I'd make it impossible for him to get over! Omg! How rude and disrespectful! Of the parents! For god sakes.

See I don't mind if kids are gunna play and whatever and I know that they might go over an acceptable volume level sometimes but when I was a kid and like a few of you have said @tallulahmay I was brought in if I made too much noise and you bring your kids in too, or at least say to bring the volume down! But they just literally don't seem to care.

I totally agree with what some of you have said, they don't care about there kids as long as they don't have to deal with them! Just shove them in the garden and let them do what the hell they want. Been quiet nice recently as we've had a lot of rain so I've not had to deal with any screaming! Its been loveeelyyyy never been glad for rain!

Thanks for everyone support too! Aha, like I said up there I was worried some people might think I was being unreasonable! But I'm sure if you heard it you'd understand!

Kids like that are my worst nightmare I would complain every day and hopefully not get to the point where I would slash that trampoline ha

Never used to have that sort of thing around here, but huge estates have gone up in the nearest town and we have had an influx of the weirdest and most unpleasant people. The other day in a car park a 'mother' with innumerable assorted children was sitting, busy with her beer and cigarettes, while her brood amused themselves breaking wing mirrors off as many cars as possible. It was perfectly obvious what they were doing and she did nothing about it - I just don't understand the mindset of such people, I'm not entirely sure they have minds!

Sadly they also seem to all have badly behaved, badly treated, and badly cared for dogs, mostly of the bull breed type, and their behaviour does nothing to improve the image of said dogs! I'm a dog lover and feel sorry for the dogs - but also angry because their behaviour reflects badly on all caring dog owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back