• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Serge, please, stop peeing in your food!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're costing us a fortune!

I have to change the pellet food like 3 times a day, so consequently it's impossible to keep track of how much of it they're eating.

*Sigh* No wonder he has a dewlap ~

christine

Adult Guinea Pig
Try putting his food in a food hopper they sell them on ebay look under guinea pigs.

lauralucy

Forum Donator 2017/18
just an idea he might pee in both or perhaps move it everytime. my girls pee over each other mallethead

just an idea he might pee in both or perhaps move it everytime. my girls pee over each other mallethead
Haha, yeah, mucky pigs!
Figgy is quite clean (except that his long hair trails along the ground.. you ge the idea) and he always pees in the same place, but Serge could care less and pees anywhere including the food, hay, bed...
Might it be a piglet thing? He's not a baby but about 5 months old.

lauralucy

Forum Donator 2017/18
i think its just a piggy thing i have 2 piggies that quite happily sit in there own pee! disgusting little creatures but they're happy.

i dont think piggies are meant to be toilet trained but the do tend to go where they eat!

i think its just a piggy thing i have 2 piggies that quite happily sit in there own pee! disgusting little creatures but they're happy.

i dont think piggies are meant to be toilet trained but the do tend to go where they eat!
You're probably right, but in this case, it's curious how Figgy is so picky about where he pees! I suppose he has the sense to not want to sleep and eat in his own defecation. :<>

Status
Not open for further replies.