• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Shallow Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Anyone seen it before?

First time I had seen it on tv last night and I was in tears.. :'( crash diet starts today.

Crash diets don't work, and with your blood sugar..... don't you dare :( :-*

OK, OK.. no crash ones...

Cereal, morning and dinner.. proper tea in evening.. for now.. :) :)

I've got the dvd at home, love it! Shows that you can be loved no matter what your size, personality is what counts - thank god! ;D

Crash diets very bad - been there, done that, gained more weight in the end and slowed metabolism down so much that it's now running backwards ;)

E-diets are the way to go - lost 11lb with them so far on the GI plan and no going to these classes where you sit there for an hour and pay a fortune!

Was on the e-diets for about 6 months, but with me, it just became boring. And the main thing that diets all advise is exercise and I can't really do any.
The only one really, is swimming, but can only go with hubby or my mum. But mum can't swim and hubby hasn't enough time in between shifts to take me.

During the hols, you get all the kids and is a tad embarrassing when they stop and stare at you using the hoist to get me in the pool! Doesn't bother me much when they stare cos I'm big! ?

I know what you mean - I did quit it for a while as it was boring eating the same meals over and over again but the weight started going back on again and so I tried again and so far, if I stick to it, it's ok. Admittedly I go to the gym 3 times a week but I'm lucky in that I get a corporate membership through work and it's only £9 a month. :)

Have you tried the South Beach diet? It's hard but it does work quite quickly. But for the first 2/3 weeks you can't eat any carbs at all and I don't know about you but that made me feel really weak and queasy and extremely ratty by the end of the second week >:(

I love that film... Its good...

I think I have always been on diets since I was born! haha Tried everything from Atkins, Weightwatchers, slimming world, cornflake diet etc etc...

For a few years, I went too skinny and looked awful. I was single at the time and thought that if I was thin, I would attract guys etc etc, well you know how it goes.. I stopped eating for nearly a year!.. I went down from a size 16 to a 6/8! I looked terrible and very ill cause i'm just not built to be that size at all! I look back at pictures now and think OMG, I did NOT suit looking that way! haha And you know what? When I put weight back on again, I got more attention, than when I was thinner!

These days, I just try and stick to healthy food, and then one day in the weekend, allow myself some treats or i would go NUTS! haha ;) I'm still not happy with my weight, but who is! haha

It's whats on the inside that counts anyway, very corny some may say, but i think very true!

x

I agree with you. But I would like to lose a little. Not become a matchstick, but feel good about myself. At the moment I just look and feel totally horrible (it's true).
I never gorge on food and actually find it hard to eat anything somedays. My D nurse said that I'm supposed to eat a snack every 3 hours for my sugar levels.

But I never do! I can't force something into me and have never really snacked. Catch 22 I'm in

South Beach one sounds a bit like Atkins, only my diabetic nurse said that I'm only to go on Atkins for a week on, week off due to sugar levels, so in a way I don't think it's worth it.

Gonna try the cereal for a week or two to see if anything happens, cos right now I'm enjoying it! :)

Why can't everyone see each other like shallow hal? I think the world would be a much nicer place :)

Agreed! Sometimes I have to force myself to remember that these type of films are made up otherwise I start questioning my own relationship - lilke my best friend says, I want the Hollywood romance! ::)

But I'm very lucky with my fiance - he loves me no matter what size, it's just me that has a problem with how I look. He's one of the very few that goes for personality rather than perfect figure/looks :)

Well, apparently the curvy figure is in this year and all the twiglets are trying to get some meat on their bones. So less worrying about trying to show a rib bone or two!

Have you tried the Special K diet, 2 bowls a day etc etc? I think that might keep your blood sugar up. I would say e-diets would be able to help you with their nutritionists but as you've tried them before.....

Well, don't give up - but don't let it get you down either - from what I know of you in these chats you're a lovely person and nothing can beat that. ;)

Atkins - the one and only.

Also Kelly, read the chapter on diabetes. It would be completely safe for you to do it. Yoyo dieting (on and off Atkins) would be far more harmful. They use any excuse they can to stop people doing it because they THINK it's bad for you, but it's not. It will control your blood sugar in a way unlike anythign else ever can. Do it long enough and you will cut down on insulin.

The important thing is understanding WHY Atkins works. It's so beautifully simple. And healthy. I'll be on again soon ;D

Jenni75 said:
But I'm very lucky with my fiance - he loves me no matter what size, it's just me that has a problem with how I look. He's one of the very few that goes for personality rather than perfect figure/looks :)

Well, don't give up - but don't let it get you down either - from what I know of you in these chats you're a lovely person and nothing can beat that. ;)

Same here with my hubby. He likes girlies with meat on! ;D

Can't understand people with sticking-out bones. They look truly awful and shocking! Terrible example to kids!

Thanx for saying that :-*

Cheers Lucinda! Off to find out where the book is and have a read up! :-* :-*

lol haha makes me laugh, cause I read that where 'curvy' bodies are in this year... I can understand how clothes go in and out of fashion and shoes... but how can body shapes be in or out of fashion? haha Ahhh the celeb world.... Just gotta keep telling myself its very false and even though they all have toned slim bodies with perfect hair and make-up, their relationships last about 2 seconds and half of them never seem to be happy! :(

I'm the same Jenni and i'm sure the rest of us are.. Our partners love our bodies and our wobbly bits that make us who we are.. where as we hate our bodies and our wobbly bits! I know my Steve hates boney girls, thank god! hahahaha ;)

Its tough being a woman sometimes ;)

x

LOL ;D

Totally agree with you! Celeb relationships these years hardly get passed 5 years if that!
The celebs with terribly thin, skinny bodies are really horrible!

Well that's celebs for you, they decide whether its a skinny year or a curvy year. Plus there was that poll on whether men liked skinny or curves and 90% went for curves, says it all really doesn't it?! And also, you have to remember that most of these photos are airbrushed and a few lbs/stone taken off the model - if we saw what they looked like in real life..... ;D

Personally I'd heard that Atkins wasn't great as it was high fat, but the South Beach one was like Atkins but you ate good carbs with the SB diet - so no cravings. I did lose just over a stone on it until my willpower gave in....but that was in 3 weeks - the carb free stage. Tony didn't like it though - kept bringing choc bars home and putting them in obvious places :) So now I'm taking a healthier view on it and having my 'treat' day one day of the weekend (otherwise I will kill all in my way on my rampage towards a choc bar!) and rest of the time I follow my e-diet and go to gym. No stressing about it anymore ;)

LOL my mum is he one who always buys me chocolate and goes in a right stink if I don't eat it! :)

She hates me ever going on diets, so she doesn't know about this one! :D

Jenni, high fat is fine as long as you're not eating high carb too. Atkins won't work unless you follow a high fat programme. It's not fat that makes us fat, but sugar!

Aww, mums are great :)

Personally, re diets, I don't agree with any that are high fat, high carb, high anything - balanced is the way to go as at least then you're losing the weight at a steady pace and won't put it all back on if you have a bad day and hit the bread!

I don't trust the Atkins since hearing that man who made up the diet died of a heart attack.....makes you wonder..... :-\

Jenni75 said:
Aww, mums are great :)

Personally, re diets, I don't agree with any that are high fat, high carb, high anything - balanced is the way to go as at least then you're losing the weight at a steady pace and won't put it all back on if you have a bad day and hit the bread!

I don't trust the Atkins since hearing that man who made up the diet died of a heart attack.....makes you wonder..... :-\

totally agree with you he died after all his advice of a heart attack ? I tried the herbalife diet and it is so easy just 2 drinks and choc bars for snacks and a normal meal in the evening, I am diabetic and it was fine for me as all the vits and nutrients are included, I brought mine from e bay worked out cheaper, but am also a firm believer in a cereal diet, as a diabetic I find some times I dont want to eat but cereals are alwasy easily digestable and keep my sugar levels even,

Robert Atkins died because he fell over on ice.

Even if he had died of a heart attack he was well over ninety - not a bad age I'd say! Better to die from a heart attcack as an old man than as a young one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back