• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Short snout- anyone any experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellsbells82

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I currently have here a piggie here (going to the rescue tomorrow, I'm just holding him due to transport issues) who was born with a short snout

I just wondered if anyone has any experience of this and subsequent health/dental complications?

Thanks, he is quite lovely and OH has said that once he's been vet checked and spent some time at the rescue we can offer him and his brother a home if they're well enough, however it will depend if he needs expert care etc really (as I'll probably go back to work next year once my daughter starts nursery rather than being at home all day catering to the piggies every wheek like I am now), so just wondering if anyone has any experience really.

Not quite sure what you mean by short snout .Most of my piggies have rounded noses especially the shelties . Do you think your piggies nose is very abnormal,does it affect his eating

Not quite sure what you mean by short snout .Most of my piggies have rounded noses especially the shelties . Do you think your piggies nose is very abnormal,does it affect his eating

He seems to be eating fine, basically he was originally a "reject" from a breeder because he has a kind of short, flat, face so supposedly couldn't be sold, when you compare him next to other piggies you can see his snout is much shorter and he looks a bit like he's been pressed up against glass for too long!

He does sound a little snuffly sometimes when he breathes, but apparently the vet claims this is due to his shape rather than an infection (although all this is a bit odd and have been been told things that don't add up, but not really looking to get into that on here)

He's going to the rescue in the morning and will then see a vet so I'm not worried about that, more if anyone had come across a piggie with such a short snout before and what effect it had.

Will try and post another picture of him and his brother so you can see the difference.

I have no idea but think hes gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back