Show your crafts (WIP or finished)

Winniepeg

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
And finally here is a not very good picture of my complete quilt.
It was a 13th birthday present for my daughter, and she absolutely loves it, and has slept with it every night since I gave it to her.
If it isn't clear teh front is striped and the back is one large piece of blue batic, with a black binding on both sides.
It's huge though, hence the slightly dodgy photo.

View attachment 143854
Can I order a red one please. It’s lovely 😁

ChrisU

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I love seeing all your crafts. One of mine is bobbin lace making.

I'm currently making a lace wedding garter - in the hope that one of my children gets married! (They are both now in their 30s!).
So far I have done about 11 inches and it has taken a year. A finished garter needs to be about 30 inches. The lace is gathered up by elastic and a blue ribbon is threaded through the centre holes.

View attachment 144739

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score

I'm currently making a lace wedding garter - in the hope that one of my children gets married! (They are both now in their 30s!).
So far I have done about 11 inches and it has taken a year. A finished garter needs to be about 30 inches. The lace is gathered up by elastic and a blue ribbon is threaded through the centre holes.

View attachment 144739
THAT IS AMAZING! I almost tried this out once but not enough time. The husband complains about my knitting as it is!

Just fabulous. I’m going to have another look.

ChrisU

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score

View attachment 144739
I think I may have deleted the photo ooops! Here it is again.
1591547256562.png

ChrisU

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW That is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! How on earth do you know what bobbins to put where?
Each stitch only uses 4 bobbins and you start by learning on an easy piece with 12 bobbins.
I've been doing it a long time and started by going to an evening class in the days when local councils ran interesting evening classes!

If you want to learn, it is a lot easier learning from someone else rather than from a book. In fact I still go to a class although we don't have a teacher now and just help each other. We often demonstrate at craft fairs and always have an easy piece for people to 'have a go'.

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Each stitch only uses 4 bobbins and you start by learning on an easy piece with 12 bobbins.
I've been doing it a long time and started by going to an evening class in the days when local councils ran interesting evening classes!

If you want to learn, it is a lot easier learning from someone else rather than from a book. In fact I still go to a class although we don't have a teacher now and just help each other. We often demonstrate at craft fairs and always have an easy piece for people to 'have a go'.
Are there videos on YouTube? How much is the initial outlay?...not that I’m considering it 🤪

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Just done a very long catch up on this thread, don't know how I've been missing it. You lot are all so talented, I'm in awe.
I can knit simple stiches and items but don't have the patience for anything complicated. I'm with @Betsy @Siikibam I've never heard of the way you cast on, I do it with 2 needles like Betsy does. I can crochet and used to prefer it to knitting but I seem to have lost the love of that at the moment.
I can sew straight lines, so can alter curtains and make cage liners but am not any good at anything complicated. I use a 1958 singer hand crank machine. We have a collection of sewing machines from 1860s onwards, 2 have treadles which I can't get the hang of at all! Most of the machines were bought in the days when you could pick them up second hand for a few pounds. My partner likes to repair old machines and get them working again, sadly due to lake of space most of them are packed away.
I can't paint pictures or draw, but I can paint a room and before lockdown was about 2/3rds of the way round my daughters house, hopefully I'll be allowed back there soon to finish off.

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Just done a very long catch up on this thread, don't know how I've been missing it. You lot are all so talented, I'm in awe.
I can knit simple stiches and items but don't have the patience for anything complicated. I'm with @Betsy @Siikibam I've never heard of the way you cast on, I do it with 2 needles like Betsy does. I can crochet and used to prefer it to knitting but I seem to have lost the love of that at the moment.
I can sew straight lines, so can alter curtains and make cage liners but am not any good at anything complicated. I use a 1958 singer hand crank machine. We have a collection of sewing machines from 1860s onwards, 2 have treadles which I can't get the hang of at all! Most of the machines were bought in the days when you could pick them up second hand for a few pounds. My partner likes to repair old machines and get them working again, sadly due to lake of space most of them are packed away.
I can't paint pictures or draw, but I can paint a room and before lockdown was about 2/3rds of the way round my daughters house, hopefully I'll be allowed back there soon to finish off.
I used the two needle cast on a long time ago when I first started knitting. But now long tail is my go to. Each of us have a talent/arty/crafty hand, there’s a variety of them 😁

On that note I’ve decided the stranded colourwork on the arm I worked is too tight. So I’ve ordered 4.5mm needles and will be redoing it. In the meantime I’ll work on the steeking sample and maybe the second sock! They’re arriving Tuesday so I’ve got tomorrow to work on something else.