• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Show your crafts (WIP or finished)

Here's one for the pigs if anyone fancies a bit of origami!
I made brown paper origami boxes and put some pea flakes inside for a diy boredom breaker! They girls have been nibbling and chucking them about the place and surprisingly they're lasting quite well! (For paper toys anyway)

I used this tutorial if anyone fancies making their own. How to Make an Origami Cube Using 6 Pieces of Paper
5B9688B9-2750-4A3B-9208-4A019AFD3233.jpgIMG_3560.JPGIMG_3563.JPG

I made brown paper origami boxes and put some pea flakes inside for a diy boredom breaker! They girls have been nibbling and chucking them about the place and surprisingly they're lasting quite well! (For paper toys anyway)

I used this tutorial if anyone fancies making their own. How to Make an Origami Cube Using 6 Pieces of Paper
View attachment 137100View attachment 137101View attachment 137102

That's a great idea! I mean I could just see Blitzen giving me the devil eye for doing that like "excuse me, wtf do you think this is, MAKING ME WORK FOR MY FOOD".

View attachment 137100View attachment 137101View attachment 137102
OOOO Who is your piggy that looks like my Dennis?

Dennis Grass.JPGDennis Tent 3.JPG

I did a bit of sewing this afternoon, I will auction it for TEAS guinea pigs with special needs rescue to help with vet bills.
View attachment 137062
And my gorgeous one arrived earlier that I won in the auction, or should I say two because @Bill & Ted is such a lovely friend that two were in the package! Made me cry, they’re gorgeous! :love:
EA591250-8ACE-41F2-B532-1D235A11611B.jpeg
A certain chunky hunk has picked his favourite already after cage clean, likes being colour coordinated does my Gigi :)):love:
D79503FC-52C0-4086-B029-0BBF3569AF3C.jpeg
Thanks so much @Bill & Ted xx

That is very neat knitting for a newbie. Did you cast on by yourself? Are you self taught? It is a tricky skill to master. You are doing well.
Am I really gosh I’m blushing! 😂
Yes I cast on myself 😊 I watched a YouTube video to show me. I faintly remember my sweet nana teaching me to knit when I was very young but I had forgotten it all. ☹️
For my first row I really struggled I think I cast them on too tight? And I’m scared of dropping a stitch I don’t know how to fix that..

Looks lovely @Spoink! I used to love knitting, just can’t cast on or off! My Nan used to teach me and my sister years ago but never got the hang of that and not too great with my coordination these days! Sure it’ll be great!

Am I really gosh I’m blushing! 😂
Yes I cast on myself 😊 I watched a YouTube video to show me. I faintly remember my sweet nana teaching me to knit when I was very young but I had forgotten it all. ☹
For my first row I really struggled I think I cast them on too tight? And I’m scared of dropping a stitch I don’t know how to fix that..
The first row is always a bit tight. Once you've mastered the basic stitch (when you have finished what you are knitting you will have mastered it) then you need to master the purl stitch. Good luck! If we lived closer, I would teach you. I used to run a knitting club at a school where I used to live and I've not failed yet. I would relish the challenge of teaching a partially sighted person how to knit.

Back