• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Show your crafts (WIP or finished)

I love the material you use as a back @Siikibam - it’s so bright and colourful
Thank you, I’ve found it works well as background for the blue ☺️ I’ve had it for many years now...at least 12 if not more. But it’s starting to get holes in it. I’ll have to ask my mum to buy me some more material sometime, she’s good at choosing them. I also have one with blue and yellow flowers. I use them as a wrap sometimes or to cover myself if I’m a little cool but not too cool for a sweater. And to cover myself if it’s too warm for a duvet.
Sorry I rambled on there 😬

This is not my craft, I inherited this from my Uncle who carved many ladies in his time, along with painting them too. We always wondered who the model was, as he never married but was a bit of a ladies man! I think she is lovely!
478D83E0-069A-48FC-9A82-8F204FE5A88D.jpeg

I love your colour combinations, they’re so pretty and cheerful 👍🏾

I try to have every colour in a braid noticeable, otherwise why put it there? It's hard sometimes to get the combinations right though, you can put several "bright" colours together but if they're too similar they still blend into one. So I always try for at least one light and/or bright, and one that's a bit darker for some contrast. Kind of like this:

15914401394333398616487206339431.jpg

I mean there's nothing "dark" about the blue...but it's a change from fluorescent orange and green lol.

I like that blue 😁

I buy the thread in multipacks and the stuff that blue came in, I can generally only get from one brand, and nowhere is selling it at the minute. All I can find is the thick stuff (like the orange) or the fine soft stuff (like the green). I'm really hoping it turns up somewhere again soon.

I buy the thread in multipacks and the stuff that blue came in, I can generally only get from one brand, and nowhere is selling it at the minute. All I can find is the thick stuff (like the orange) or the fine soft stuff (like the green). I'm really hoping it turns up somewhere again soon.
Oh no! None on eBay etc? Fingers crossed you can get more in soon.

I’m plugging away at this sleeve. I think I’ll work on the body next so I can start on the colourwork. The sleeve is small so not too slow going. image.jpg

I'm weird about Ebay, because those thread multipacks get mislabelled all the time. I know what I'm looking for on Amazon and I know what'll come up with which keywords etc. Ebay's a whole other ball game and I don't know if I'd appreciate something different turning up, especially since it may not be suitable.

I'm weird about Ebay, because those thread multipacks get mislabelled all the time. I know what I'm looking for on Amazon and I know what'll come up with which keywords etc. Ebay's a whole other ball game and I don't know if I'd appreciate something different turning up, especially since it may not be suitable.
Hmm good point. I’ve found it to be okay for what I’ve bought. I even bought (and sold) used camera lenses and accessories on there.

Well I’ve finished one sleeve. Think I’ll start on dinner at 5pm (forgot three onions!) so for now I’ll work on the body.

Back