• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Show your crafts (WIP or finished)

Attachments

• C8941A0C-1F18-4AB9-B6A8-50D21FBD3991.jpeg
    C8941A0C-1F18-4AB9-B6A8-50D21FBD3991.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 17
they look great! 😁 I made one and auctioned it for TEAS furryfriends Charity. Was really pleased with it!

I'm considering making some to auction I'm just not sure about the logistics. did you get them to pay the rescue directly or did you take the money and pass it on to the rescue? also how much did you spend posting it?

Each stitch only uses 4 bobbins and you start by learning on an easy piece with 12 bobbins.
I've been doing it a long time and started by going to an evening class in the days when local councils ran interesting evening classes!

If you want to learn, it is a lot easier learning from someone else rather than from a book. In fact I still go to a class although we don't have a teacher now and just help each other. We often demonstrate at craft fairs and always have an easy piece for people to 'have a go'.

I taught 7-9 year olds back in the 80's, and they picked it up surprising quickly. Working 12 or 120 bobbins, like you said, it the basic 4 bobbins you work with.

Love old seeing machines.
Here are my 2 . No1 belonged to my mum and I made clothes on it when I was in my teens. No2 was a birthday present from my hubby two years ago, as I always wanted a singer table, the machine inside was a bonus.

My life long passion for sewing started backing in the 60', when my nanny ,gave me her singer machine, manual, with a pot handle, loved it. Now have a all sing all dancing, husqvarna orchid, it's in use most days.

3 balloons done - one more, 4 baskets, 4 animals and all the hanging frame to go and Jessica's mobile will be finished. The balloons require tapestry crochet which was new to me and very fiddly once you put the polystyrene ball in the middle and can't get your hands behind the work :))IMG_20200704_110621.jpg

3 balloons done - one more, 4 baskets, 4 animals and all the hanging frame to go and Jessica's mobile will be finished. The balloons require tapestry crochet which was new to me and very fiddly once you put the polystyrene ball in the middle and can't get your hands behind the work :))View attachment 147291
That’s soo coool! I’ve never done tapestry crochet in the round 😬 looking forward to seeing the rest.

Back