• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

SICK ? Need help. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
whats wrong if a guinea pig "vomit" and weight loses ?
Less eat and drink.

but i heard that guinea pig will not vomit. i just don't know how to describe tat.
there are some liquid make the fur under her mouth become wet. bit smelly too.

Anyway i'm going to send her to vet soon.
i just wanted to know what's goin on ? >.<
i'm worry about her.

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
could it be dribble....maybe needs a dental check as soon as possible if losing weight, they go downhill so fast

Shellza

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Is it "vomit" or could it just be that she is Drooling? Is it definitely coming from the mouth, not nose? If it's Drooling then it could be teeth problems. If it is coming from the nose it is more likely to be a respiratory infection which can be serious.
As you mentioned guinea pigs can't physically vomit (as far as I know) but I don't know what else it could be.

I hope she is ok. Let us know what the vet says.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I checked her teeth yesterday , seem like nothing is wrong.
i will let * guys know after i bring her to vet. ;(

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
you probably wouldnt be able to tell though as chances are its far back, just visit the vets as soon as you can, and please do let us know how you get on, fingers crossed for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.