silly boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i have 2 boys tim is about 5 monts and rex 4 months i had to seprate them this morning as they were fighting and managed to draw blood!

both are still in same c&c cage but split in to to keep them seprate ...... is this the end of my duo and if so what option do i have to give them the best in life !

Reaction score
Sorry I cannot help you, as I am also new to piggies, but me thinks that is the end of it.

So sorry to hear :0

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
oh no I'm on my first two piggies so don't know for sure but seem to remember reading that they may be able to be rebonded at some point.

Hanwombat

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
They're obviously hitting their hormonal teenage times of their lives and both decided that they want to be 'top pig'

Drawing blood usually crosses the line as to whether they will be friends again - usually it is difficult to make them pair again after this has happened - especially if both are equally dominant and won't back down.

Id personally keep them seperate for now - if they can still see each other they may gradually make up over time.

When you had them together do they have two of everything? i.e. food bowls and veg piles as this can cause fighting if their trying to share one bowl etc

Jacs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have had the same problem 2 weeks ago I seperated my two boys after fighting, all I have done up to now is I bought Freddie another cage and I have them next to each other so there can see each other and I am waiting for another indoor run (I have one already) to be delivered so I can let them have execise next to each other.
I am not sure if i can re-introduce them at a later date I will only know that when the time comes but i am giving them every opportunity for them to still see each other and they do sometimes still "chat" through the bars but they much more relaxed out of the bickering/arguing environment there were in for a few weeks before there had a fight.
I am not in the position at the moment to introduce them or get anymore piggies so aswell as making sure there can see and hear each other I spend as much time with each as them individually as I can. I have had alone pig in the past who I avoided him getting lonely so I am hoping I can do the same thing with these two at the moment it is working out okay but i just re-assess things all the time.

Reaction score
hi

thanks for the advice ...... they are housed in a c&c cage with 3 of every thing lol ! i have had piggies for over 3 years and this is the first time they have every got to this point ....... but come to thing of it they have both been rather moody recently and have both been strutting there stuff !

could the fact that i hgave had a new heating system put in dueto the old one packing in have cause more problmes dueto it being colder and lots bangin and drill recently ? no one i could ask to keep them for me :(

any way i have divided there cage into using more c&c crates so they can see smell and shout ate each other and strut there stuff but no more ! lol guess only time will tell !!!:{

Status
Not open for further replies.