• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Single for a week

piggl

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
My single 5 year old boar Winston currently lives a couple ft away from a younger pair of boys, Reggie and Remy, and during the day gets bar interaction with them for around 12ish hours, if weather permits.

We are going on holiday next week and my old boy is going to stay with my granny, as boarding was booked pre-3 guinea pigs and she was fully booked by the time we realised they couldn't all go in one pen. So for a week he will have no other guinea pig interaction.

Is there anything I can do to make this easier for him? What doesn't help is that he isn't in his run today due to the weather warning that's right ontop of me in NE Scotland and I am not 100% sure if they will be able to get run time before his friends get dropped off Saturday morning.
Will he be okay for a week on his own? He will be in their spare bedroom which is right next to the living room which they spend quite a bit of time in so I am hoping it shouldnt be too quiet for him.

This is such a good question. Looking forward to someone answering this. Good luck.

Ok thanks, I was worried the sudden separation would be detrimental to him.

It’s not forever and he will be back again next to his friends shortly. I’m sure he will be fine. Great recommendation by @Piggies&buns to give him plenty of enrichment. Hope you enjoy your holiday.

Back