• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Skinny pigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey guys,so i recently discoverd skinny pigs,i never even knew they existed,I'm after falling in love with them,as i do with most animals haha.does anyone know where they can be got?I'm living in ireland,i would love one,their adorable,any help is much appreciated,thanks =)

you get them from breeders but as this is a rescue site i cant really go into that:) I have two they are amazing and have big personalities. They need special requirments though, they are great:)

double post sorry, but i put more info in this:))
you get them from breeders but as this is a rescue site i cant really go into that:) I have two they are amazing and have big personalities. They need special requirments though, so you would have to look into that but they are great:) there is a great forum for them but i am not sure if i'd be allowed to recommend that to you without breaking the rules of this forum. I am a member on there :)
one of the forum members on here Tracyxx has a skinny thread with some great info to help you decide...(i will look for the link)or you can ask for advice from skinny owners and proper websites dedicated to skinnys. I didnt see Tracys thread till after i got mine but i would have found it useful, there is some gorgeous pictures too!
http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38166&highlight=tracyxx+skinny

Last edited:
aww thanks so much anyways,i would really love 1,they are quite rare and i cant find any breeders in ireland but i understand you dont want to break the rules and i wouldnt expect * to either =)

Thanks hun maybe try looking for skinny guinea pig forums on google?!:) I sat for ages with a notebook when i was planning to get mine it was fun! I got Boris on sep the 11th and Jethro last saturday so I'm no expert.:)) i have 7 hairy piggies as well. I'm sure when other members wake up in the morning they will help you out more. off the top of my head i can think of three members with skinnys: clairelove, Romily and Tracyxx there are lots more though. so they will advise you better than me:)

Thats ok hun:)

by the way i love your avatar! your piggy looks like royalty on a throne! I've always wanted one of those for my piggy sexy as hes like the king :))

haha thank you,thats Harlow,hes such a good little boy,hes an only guinea piggy tho and iv just posted another thread about wanting to introduce another piggy to him as i feel he is lonely and sad =( hes 2 and a half and has always been alone apart form about 2 months about a year or so ago when i got a little girl called Hayley but she passed away =( they wer in seperate cages tho and he didnt seem to mind her,he seemd content to have her there,but i want to get him a new friend but heard their so terretorial,do yours fight?what sex r they all?they are very adorable also by the way =)

Thank you:) the only piggeies i have living together are sexy and cesar who thankfully got on straight away. sexy is 4 and cesar is 4 months. and i have boris 2 months and jethro 16 months old living together...who sometimes have little squabbles! but they only met a week ago!
I tried having my girls living together (pictured in my avatar) i introduced them via floortime and they were fine...living together not fine! sarah the dark brown one is very aggressive with then and cant live with them.
our piggies room is set out like this: bezus cage is on top of sexy and cesars. romeos cage is on top of sarahs, and floras is ontop of rubys. (the skinnys are in our room at the moment)
The best thing i can suggest to be sure your guinea would get on with another is to take him along to a rescue and they will put him on a boar 'date' where he will meet different boars and find the one he gets on with best. The people supervising no all about piggie behaviour so would stop any fights before they break out. You could find your nearest rescue on here.
sorry about hayley. :(

thats ok,hayley was poorly from day 1 i think,she was teeny and fragile,shes in guinea pig heaven now tho =) unfortunately in ireland where i live there are no rescue centres like this,especially not for small animals =( il have to take on this task by myself hahaha your set up sound very good,i bet your piggys are very happy =)

I had to do it on my own as well. (didnt know about boar dating till a few weeks ago:)) ) Thankfully both times its worked out. Unfortunalty for the girls it meant buying 3 new cages :( (thats why i am banned from anymore piggies because we have no more room for cages):)) Good luck finding him a friend, there are sections on here about how to bond two boars, you've probably already seen them:)

Hello

I have two lovely skinnies Sasha and Millie. Before getting them I did loads of research, a lot of which was through the hairless guinea pig forum. There are lots of things to consider before getting a skinny and loads of research is required.

Hello

I have two lovely skinnies Sasha and Millie. Before getting them I did loads of research, a lot of which was through the hairless guinea pig forum. There are lots of things to consider before getting a skinny and loads of research is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back