skittish piggies

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

purplegem1985

our new additions fudge and barney are very very skittish still :( Not too sure what to do to reassure them. They are fine after you eventually catch them and bring them out of the hutch its just getting to that stage everytime i put my hand in there they seem to do laps of the hutch.

whats the best tips and advice you have for me ?

bevs

Reaction score
Well up to a week ago I would have said give them time, but mine have suddenly got skittish again. Have no idea why. We play catch me if you can every day!

P

purplegem1985

hrm... strange isnt it.

Dave and Daphne were like it too when we first got them and its only recently that they will actually come up to you and take some food and stuff but they dont like being picked up they were pet shop bought.

Bumble and Taz will come up to you, wheek, let you stroke them, give you kisses and everything and they were born at home and so have grown up with us i suppose.

Barney and Fudge are shop bought too and so i think it must be like their back ground cos you dont know how long they were in the shop how long they had their breeding owners and stuff.. so we are like their third lot of owners.. no wonder the poor boys are skittish!

i thought talking to them and leaving my hand in the hutch might reassure them but i dont know what to talk about.. i seem silly saying things over and over again and talking to them as if they were children or another adult or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.