• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Sleep Tight Milo

I remember Milo from my Pets at Home days! He had a wonderful life and such a caring owner with you. Sending so much love, Sleep tight Milo.
Thank you so much. I remember you well from when I came in to buy Milo and we got chatting about piggies. Milo really had a great life and was much loved. We miss him every day.

It has taken me some time to be able to write this. Losing 6 piggies in 12 months has been very difficult and i needed time to come to terms with the grief that had built up and that i had never really processed.

Milo joined us in August 2019 having spent the 7 months of his life in PAH. I had gone into PAH in May and seen this sad piggy on his own in the 'adoption' area but had no intention of getting more piggies (i had 5 at the time). In August i called in again to buy some nuggets and he was still there. I mentioned him to someone at a rescue as i felt so very sorry for him stuck in a tiny cage (he was almost fully grown by this time) and they agreed that if i bought him they would find him a new home. Of course having brought Milo home he never made it to the rescue and stayed with us.

Milo loved food, sleeping and of course his girls. First there was Hazel and later Maud and Pol. Sadly we lost Pol last year after an emergency spay. He was our chief rumbler and would strut his stuff to all the piggies in the adjacent runs when they were having floor time. He was a gentle giant at 1.3kg and loved a cuddle (as long as there were treats too).

Sadly, Milo was diagnosed with a very rare malignant melanoma early this year and although we had this removed, the cancer had already spread to his liver and spleen and we lost him a few weeks later. This hit us hard and his presence in the piggy room is still sorely missed.

Maud has not been the same piggy since we lost Milo and is proving difficult to bond with a new piggy. So she is off to TEAS for a couple of weeks at the end of March to see if she can find a suitable friend there.

Here are few photos of by handsome boy.

View attachment 243580
Milo and Hazel his first 'wife'.

View attachment 243584
Milo, Maud and Pol.

View attachment 243581
Milo having a nap (he liked to sleep).

View attachment 243582
He really did like a nap!

View attachment 243583
Our handsome boy.
I'm so sorry for your loss. He sounds like he was a real character - rip Milo ❤️

Back