• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Slimming World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ham & Bacon Carbonara

This creamy pasta dish is traditionally high in Syns – our tasty version is still slurpingly delicious and tiny in Syns!
Serves: 4
Syns per serving:
1½ Syn on Original (add 6 Syns if not using wholemeal spaghetti as a Healthy Extra),
3 Syns on Green and 1½ Syns on Extra Easy

Ingredients.

4 rashers bacon, all visible fat removed
3 eggs
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tbsp very low fat natural fromage frais
2 level tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Small bunch of chives
397g/14oz cooked spaghetti

Method.
1. Roughly chop the bacon and dry fry in a non-stick pan for 2-3 minutes. Set aside

2. Lightly beat the eggs, season to taste and add the fromage frais and 1 tbsp of Parmesan. Chop the chives and add to the mixture, reserving some for garnish.

3. Add the spaghetti and egg mixture to the bacon in the pan and stir gently over a low heat until the egg starts to set.

4. Serve sprinkled with the remaining Parmesan and chives.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3302362&l=97b26504e8&id=749772576

Rich Beef Stew & Mustard Mash...It was so delicious
From the new Extra Easy Recipe Book.
Syn Free....

Ingredients:
794g lean stewing beef, cut into bitesize chunks
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
2 onions, peeled and roughly chopped
4 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
596ml beef stock
salt & ground black pepper
1 bay leaf
2 tsp mixed herbs
chopped parsley, to garnish
steamed cabbage, to serve

For the Mustard Mash:
908g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
142ml hot water or beef stock
1 level tsp mustard

Preheat the oven to 160 degrees/gas mark 3. Heat a large, heatproof casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the beef and stir fry until brown on all sides.
Add the garlic, onions, carrots and stock.
Season well and add the bay leaf and dried mixed herbs.
Cover tightly and cook in the oven for 2-2.5 hours, stirring occasionally, until the beef is tender.

Meanwhile make the mash by boiling the potatoes in a large pan of lightly salted water for 15-20 minutes.
Drain and return to the saucepan with the hot water/stock and mustard. Mash until smooth and season well.

Spoon the mash into warmed serving plates or bowls and ladle over the stew. Garnish with chopped parsley and add the steamed cabbage.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3335518&l=a7d451b25d&id=749772576

Spicy Chicken, Spinach & Potato Curry!
Freezer Friendly
Ready in 40 Minutes
Serves 4
Syn free on Extra Easy

Ingredients:
1 Onion, peeled and finely chopped
794g skinless & boneless chicken breasts or thighs cut into bitesize chunks
4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into bitesize chunks
170g baby leaf spinach, roughly chopped
2 tspn medium or hot curry powder
400g can of tinned chopped tomatoes
Salt & pepper
A handful of chopped coriander & mint

Method:
Place a large non stick frying pan over a medium heat. When hot add the onion, chicken, potatoes, spinach and curry powder and stir to mix well. Fry for around 2-3 minutes.

Add the chopped tomatoes and 397ml of water & bring to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook gently for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken and potatoes are cooked through and tender.

Remove from the heat and season well with salt and pepper. Stir in the chopped herbs and serve immediately.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3355887&l=13bb7bf4a5&id=749772576

Pumpkin soup.....syn free!
Ideal for Halloween.....Don't waste the pumpkin when * can use it for a lovely soup.

Nice and warming with a touch of curry spice.
If prepared with vegetable stock it will be Suitable for Vegetarians.

400g of pumpkin flesh, cut into cubes
1 large onion, chopped
1 large potato, peeled and cubed
1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 flat teaspoon of curry powder, mild or medium strength
salt and freshly ground pepper
2 pints of chicken or vegetable stock

Cut up all the ingredients into small chunks, add the stock and simmer on a medium light for 30-40 minutes or until everything is soft.
Transfer to a blender to make into a thick hearty soup :)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3783760&l=0ffb74347d&id=749772576

I joined Slimming World 3 weeks ago and have lost 7.5lbs so far:)

Got a long way to go but liking the plan so far, it does seem to work.

I'm always on Green days as I'm vegan - love the SW chips but do seem to eat a lot of jacket pots and beans and rice pudding and fruit. Must start cooking more easy to 'veganise' a lot of recipes!

Looking to lose 3-4 stonerolleyes

Thought I'd miss alcohol, choc and crisps but not too bad so far, main thing I miss is the odd slice of cake, cereal and toast (still have 1 slice a day but use to have loads of bread)

I'm always on Green days as I'm vegan - love the SW chips but do seem to eat a lot of jacket pots and beans and rice pudding and fruit. Must start cooking more easy to 'veganise' a lot of recipes!

Thought I'd miss alcohol, choc and crisps but not too bad so far, main thing I miss is the odd slice of cake, cereal and toast (still have 1 slice a day but use to have loads of bread)

WELL DONE THATS BRILLIANT...KEEP IT UP! x>>

Blimey Stacey...you have been busy! Love the look of the baked bean lasagne yummmmmm hmmm might have to change to slimming world just so i can have that tee hee.

Have a good day x

Wow thats a fab loss honey. Keep up the good work.
I love Slimming World, its the only diet I've done which seems to satisfy my big appetite.

I have posted above some of the recipes I love, tonight I will post you a few more too if you are interested.
I tend to follow green days too.
i love potato and spinach bake, its a proper lovely comfort meal for me now with the weather getting colder too :)
x

Thanks:) I'm finding it the best diet I've followed ever! So much to eat and as I'm never hungry I'm not missing my old foods like choc/crisps. Thought I'd miss the wine/beer but no!

I'll read through the recipes later - any green ones are good for me but I have to alter those to make them vegan. Puds I get stuck with as most have dairy/egg in. Am rather keen on the rice pud - pure comfort food!

Aim of another half stone off by end of the month but not sure I'll manage it, would love to lose 2nd stone by Christmas, maintain over Christmas then lose another by my birthday end Feb and last one by Easter. Will just try my best and go with the flow:))

Thanks:) I'm finding it the best diet I've followed ever! So much to eat and as I'm never hungry I'm not missing my old foods like choc/crisps. Thought I'd miss the wine/beer but no!

I'll read through the recipes later - any green ones are good for me but I have to alter those to make them vegan. Puds I get stuck with as most have dairy/egg in. Am rather keen on the rice pud - pure comfort food!

Aim of another half stone off by end of the month but not sure I'll manage it, would love to lose 2nd stone by Christmas, maintain over Christmas then lose another by my birthday end Feb and last one by Easter. Will just try my best and go with the flow:))

It sure is the best diet out there or should I say eating plan. Was never allowed to say diet lol...
I love the fact you can have so much lovely homecooked food and eat unlimited amounts of it.

I'm sure you will get there with the weight loss, mine was slow but I didnt give up. It took me 10 months to lose just over a stone.

I do like my alcohol too like you and I miss the meals out that we used to have alot of. I tend to use my syns more wisely now though lol x

Yes it is more of a lifestyle plan than a diet!

I said I'd give it 6 weeks but after 3 I'm hooked!

Am amazed how I've taken to it - it does fit in with a vegan way of life easily.

Should do more home cooking than I do but in the week need quick/easy meals after work as only get half hour in kitchen or so from getting in to needing tea.

I use to enjoy lunch out on Sat - veggie restaurant or Mexican - some nice fried dish and chips and a pud plus beer but not anymore. Jacket spud and beans now when out!

Only danger day of temptation for me will be the Midlands vegan festival end of the month - as I'll be surrounded by cake, cake and more cake - and chocs plus savoury food. Have decided to allow one slice of cake, but will keep out of the barrolleyes

Am finding that my taste buds are changing - going right off high fat foods now like my soya cheese, and wine seems to be too sharp in taste now, so maybe I wont be as tempted by cake!

Can join this little group too please!? My OH and I joined SW 4 weeks ago. I literally just got back in from weigh in. I am finding the plan quite easy which is shocking for me as I have no will powwer and have never stuck to a diet in my life! In 4 weeks I have lost 17.5 lbs so i am loving the effcets at the moment! although it is slwoing down now so I'm sure it'll get harder. i've found the recipes brilliant, we've really thrown ourselves in to it, taking turns to cook something from the books. We even made home made ice cream which was delicious and only 1/2 syn per portion!

Brilliant weight losses here :)
Its fab, sure you can all join in, this is why I made the thread. I know its a guinea pig forum but also nice to chat about other interests too.

Tonight I had a lovely homemade cottage pie with loads of veg and now I'm about to syn a mini mince pie :) mmmmmmmm. x

Cheesy Potato Bake (From the sw mag issue 79 Nov/Dec 09) Syn free on Green/EE (if using the cheese as a healthy extra)

Ingredients:
Fry light
2 medium onions
1 bay leaf
A handful of fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
1lb 5oz/596g potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
1 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbspn of marmite (although i didnt use this)
14fl oz/397g vegetable stock
salt and black pepper
6oz/170g reduced fat vegetarian cheddar cheese, grated
a handful of mixed herbs, finely chopped

1. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees/Gas mark 7. Spray a pan with fry light and sauteed the onions, bay leaf and thyme for 5 minutes or until softened and lightly coloured.

2. Spread a layer of potatoes over the base of an ovenproof dish. Layer over some of the onions and red peppers followed by another layer of potatoes.
Continue layering this way, finishing with a later of potatoes and a thin scattering of onions and peppers.

3. Mix together the garlic, marmite and stock and pour over the potato topping. Season, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for a further 30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked, the top is golden and most of the liquid has been absorbed.

4. Sprinkle the cheese over the bake and return to the oven for 5-10 minutes or until the top is bubbling and golden. Scatter over the fresh herbs and serve.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3829367&l=636e5c55fd&id=749772576

i think I'm gonna have to switch diets! Is it easy to follow the plan?

It sure is easy hun :)
If you wanted to join too in the latest copy of Bella magazine there is a free membership voucher, the mag is dated until 12th Oct so would need to hurry xx

SLIMMING WORLD MINCE PIE TARTS

Gorgeous little pies these are!
Makes: 32 tarts
Syns per tart:
3½ on Extra Easy, Green and Original

Ingredients.

For the pastry:
227g/8oz plain flour
Pinch of salt
113g/4oz margarine or butter
Cold water, for mixing

For the filling:
16 level tablespoons mincemeat
1 level tablespoon icing sugar, for dusting

Method.

1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF/Gas Mark 5. Lightly spray some bun trays with Fry Light.

2. Make the pastry. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Add the fat, cut up into little pieces. Gently rub it in with your fingertips. Add sufficient cold water to mix to a ball that leaves the sides of the bowl clean. Rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.

3. Roll out the pastry thinly on a lightly floured surface. Cut out 32 rounds with a 7½cm / 3in fluted cutter. Use to line the prepared bun tins.

4. Divide the mincemeat between the pastry cases. Roll out the remaining pastry trimmings and make some little stars with a small star cutter. Use to decorate the tops of the tarts.

5. Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, until the pastry is crisp and lightly coloured. Cool on a wire rack and dust lightly with sifted icing sugar.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4165560&l=d1cc0aca53&id=749772576

Cottage Pie recipe.....Syn free on Extra Easy!
Featured in the Slimming World Oct 2009 Magazine.
Ready in under 1 hour 30 minutes.

Ingredients:
11oz/312g potatoes, peeled and cubed
a handful of fresh parsley, chopped
salt and freshly ground pepper
1 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic cloves, crushed
1 celery stalk, finely
1 carrot, chopped
7oz/198g extra lean minced beef
200g can of chopped tomatoes
1/4pint/142ml beef stock
1tbspn beef bovril
1tsp dried oregano
1 egg, beaten

1.Boil the potatoes in a pan until tender, drain, return to the pan and mash until smooth, season and set aside.

2. Meanwhile, heat a non stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the onion, garlic, celery and carrot and beef and fry for 6-8 minutes.
Stir in the tomatoes, beef stock, bovril and the oregano. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low and cook for 25-30 minutes, stirring often.
While the pie filling is cooking, preheat the oven to 200 degrees/gas mark 6.

3. Transfer the pie filling to a small oven proof dish and top with the mash, comb the mash with a fork and brush with the beaten egg. Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly brown.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4193248&l=4e7b02fb1e&id=749772576

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back