• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Slimming World

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsWilsoncroft

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello everyone
I am new to the forum and just wondered if anyone on here follows the Slimming World eating plan?
I have been a member of Slimming World since April 2009, I joined as I wanted to lose weight for my wedding which was April 2010.
I managed to get to target too :)
But now its just nice to swap and share recipes and inspiration etc.

So feel free to post any recipes or ideas here that we can share.
Love Stacey x

well done for getting to your target.

I did slimming world yonks ago, but now i do weight watchers. When i was on slimming world all i ate was smash and tins of w/w bolognese shells....i got far too addicted to it! lol

I say i do w/w, i dont go to classes as i cant afford them (see other post lol) but i do follow the diet, and i have lost 8 and half pound in 3 weeks which i am dead happy with.

well done for getting to your target.

I did slimming world yonks ago, but now i do weight watchers. When i was on slimming world all i ate was smash and tins of w/w bolognese shells....i got far too addicted to it! lol

I say i do w/w, i dont go to classes as i cant afford them (see other post lol) but i do follow the diet, and i have lost 8 and half pound in 3 weeks which i am dead happy with.

I have also stopped going to class too hun. I just dont feel the need to spend time there now I'm at target plus ive managed to keep the weight off too. Usually when people stop going they gain it all back but I just bought myself a good set of scales and weigh in on friday mornings at home :)

8.5lbs is a fantastic loss though, keep up the good work.
Maybe we could be piggie and slimming buddies lol.
its always nice to have a buddy to keep you on your toes as losing weight is not easy.
x

defo I'm up for that, id love to lost a stone by chrimbo x

What day do you weigh in?
We can post it weekly on here if you wanted to or via private message if you prefer to keep it private.

I might post some new recipes on here too if you wanted to share some too that would be fab.
Tonight I made a lovely turkey and veg curry which was syn free too! Yum x

i weigh in on a Friday am.

aha that sounds ace, sin free...but is it point free?? lol

would have to be pm, I'm a big girl! lol

i weigh in on a Friday am.

aha that sounds ace, sin free...but is it point free?? lol

would have to be pm, I'm a big girl! lol

I have never done Weight watchers so wouldnt know lol...
I'm a big slimming world fan me lol...
Oh you dont have to tell me your actual weight we just discuss what lbs we have lost lol...
x

oh yeah doh!!

Thanks Stacey, lets do it, i have sent a friend add to you. Please tell me you have bad days too??

I'm going to bed now, see if oh will give me a cuddle :{

Sweet dreams x

oh yeah doh!!

Thanks Stacey, lets do it, i have sent a friend add to you. Please tell me you have bad days too??

I'm going to bed now, see if oh will give me a cuddle :{

Sweet dreams x

I hope I accepted the friend request correctly, being new I still dont know what I am doing lol.
Oh god yes I have bad days, in fact the last few days havent been brilliant but now I just see tomorrow as a new day. Sweet dreams x

Turkey & veg curry.....Made this tonight and it was lovely.

Serves 4:
Syns per serving Original Free green 0 add 6 if not using the Turkey as a healthy extra

Ingredients
1 onion
2 garlic cloves
Turkey pieces
2 carrots
1 courgette
½ inch 1cm piece of fresh ginger
Fry light
2 tbsp curry powder
11oz 312g passata
1-2 tbsp artificial sweetner
4oz 113ml chicken stock made with Bovril
Salt and black pepper
A handful of finely chopped fresh coriander
200g pot very low fat natural yoghurt

Method
Prepare the ingredients: peel and chop the onion, peel and crush the garlic, cut the turkey into bite sized pieces, peel and roughly chop the carrots, trim and thickly slice the courgette, peel and grate the ginger.
Spray a pan with fry light and cook the onion, garlic, chicken, ginger, and curry powder for 3 minutes. Stir in the carrots, courgette, passata sweetner and stock. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 12 – 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked, stirring occasionally.
Season well, remove from heat, stir in the coriander and half of the yoghurt. Serve immediately drizzled with the remaining yoghurt.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6866692&l=0a34ec0ba4&id=749772576

Last edited:
Low Syn Trifle

Ingredients:
2 packets of Hartley's sugar free strawberry jelly crystals
1 mullerlight yogurt of your choice
strawberries
1 pot of quark
sweetener (Canderel i used)
vanilla essence

Make the first packet of jelly up, put in a large bowl with the strawberries and leave to set in fridge.

Make up the second packet of jelly, add the mullerlight yogurt to the jelly and add the next layer to the trifle. Leave to set....

then mix the pot of quark in a large bowl with sweetener and vanilla essence until it tastes as sweet as you want it.
Add to the trifle. Leave to set for 30 mins.
Yummy!

Eat the whole lot and don't feel guilty for only 3 syns!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1378305&l=220ad90001&id=749772576

Slimming World Healthy Chips!
Boil the kettle and fill a pan with the hot water, add abit of salt and drop in the chips. Boil for 10 minutes, drain and put onto a baking tray.
Spray with fry light and cook in the oven on gas mark 8 for 15-20 minutes. Check the chips and turn them over and leave for another 15 minutes.

Simple as that! Tasty as ever yet really good for you x

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2439894&l=4dc0e5131e&id=749772576

Baked Bean Lasagne

Ingredients......
1 large onion
100g mushrooms
1 red pepper
3 garlic cloves
2 tins of baked beans
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
lasagne sheets
Mixed herbs
lea & perrins/Worcester sauce
hot pepper sauce (add if desired)
Hot chilli powder ( a teaspoon to give it a fiery taste)
Some cheese to top the lasagne (Use as healthy Extra)
Method:
Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6 (200 degrees)
Cut up the onion, pepper, garlic and mushrooms into fine pieces. Spray frying pan with frylight and add them all to the pan. Cook for around 5 minutes until golden brown.
Add the baked beans, tomatoes, mixed herbs, Worcester sauce, chilli powder and hot pepper sauce as desired and cook for a few more minutes.
Build the lasagne layers in a casserole dish, alternating bean/tomato mixture with lasagne sheets.
Cover with foil and bake in the oven for
30-35 minutes.
Uncover and add cheese to the top then bake for a further 5 minutes.

Serve with slimming world chips & salad & enjoy! Bon Appetit! :)
This lasagne can also be made without the red pepper, herbs and spices if you prefer it to not be spicy. It is great also mixed with laughing cow cheese if you want a creamy baked bean lasagne.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2440264&l=bae5693449&id=749772576

homemade spicy tomato & red pepper soup

Ingredients:
2 whole red peppers
2 large fresh tomatoes
250g passata
1 onion
2 garlic cloves
100ml water mixed with one tspn of bovril
2 small green chillies
a sprinkle of medium or hot chilli powder
black pepper to taste

Chop up the tomatoes & chillies, deseed the peppers and chops into small pieces, chop up the onion and garlic and add everything to a saucepan. Put in the passata & bovril, simmer for 30 mins. Add some chilli powder and black pepper to taste.

Put it all in a blender for a few seconds to make into a delicious soup!
Use some cubes of wholemeal bread, toast them and add to the soup!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2478058&l=dce3f000fb&id=749772576

Low Syn Chocolate Cake

Serves: 6
Syns per serving:
3½ Syns on Green and Original
Cooking time: 6 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes

Ingredients
100g bran flakes cereal
250ml boiling water
2 eggs
6 heaped tsp of drinking chocolate
½ cup sweetener
Method
1. Pour the boiling water on to the All Bran in a large bowl and mix well.

2. Add the eggs, drinking chocolate and sweetener and beat the mixture until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.

3. Put the mixture into a 6½ inch round plastic tub or other suitable microwaveable dish, smooth the top with a large spoon or flat knife, and microwave on high for 6 minutes. I don't have a microwave so did mine in the oven for 20 mins on gas mark 6.

4. Turn the cake out on to a plate, cut into 6 slices and enjoy!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2540713&l=4f25e7aa66&id=749772576

Pork & Soy sauce wraps with egg fried rice..

Ingredients:
Onion
Garlic
Soya sauce
Iceberg lettuce
Pork Mince meat
Rice
2 eggs
peas
Salt & pepper

Blend the onion and a few garlic cloves. Fry it in a pan with fry light and then add the mince. let it cook for about 20 mins. Drain off the fat. Then add as much soya sauce as you want and salt and pepper. I used half a bottle lol.

Cook the rice as directed, while that is cooking beat 2 eggs in a bowl, then spray a pan with fry light, add the eggs and break it up as it cooks. Once rice is cooked, add the egg and peas and fry for a few mins.

Get your lettuce leaves and fill with the mince and make into a wrap. Serve up the rice....

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2560013&l=702a921d47&id=749772576

Slimming World Quiche.... Bacon, ham & mushroom flavour!
Recipe:
Fry light, 4 slices of bacon, chopped, 4 slices of lean ham, chopped, mushrooms, chopped, 4 eggs, 500g very low fat cottage cheese, salt & pepper, 1 tomato sliced.

Preheat oven to 200c/gas mark 6. Spray a large pan with fry light and cook bacon and mushrooms for a few minutes until golden brown. Remove the pan from the heat and add the chopped ham.

In a mixing bowl beat the eggs and add cottage cheese mix together well and then add the bacon, ham and mushrooms. Salt and pepper to taste. Pour into an ovenproof dish and bake for approx 30 mins until golden brown;. Leave to cool for 2 hours.
Garnish with sliced tomato.

This is free on original and extra easy :)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2605616&l=ab9e673f07&id=749772576

Chicken Satay
Serves: 4
Syns per serving:
3 Syns on Original, Extra Easy and Green*
*Add 6 Syns if not using chicken as a Healthy Extra on Green
Ingredients.
For the satay chicken:
454g diced chicken breast
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp sweetener
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp ground *****
Fry Light
Satay/kebab skewers

For the sauce:
3 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
120ml water
½ garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp sweetener
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp very low fat fromage frais
Method.
1. Place the diced chicken into a dish or bowl. Mix all the marinade ingredients together and pour over the chicken. Cover and marinade in the fridge for at least 2 hours.

2. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas 4. Drain the chicken, then skewer the chunks onto the kebab sticks (usually 3-4 pieces per stick)

3. Place on a baking tray, spray with Fry Light and cook for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked.

4. Whilst the chicken is cooking, make the sauce by mixing the peanut butter, water and garlic together in a pan over a low heat. Heat until the sauce begins to thicken slightly, but don't worry if it seems runny as it will thicken as it cools.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2648659&l=b12ed9c814&id=749772576

Garlic Breaded Mushrooms!
Great as a starter or a simple but yummy snack!

Ingredients:
2 slices of wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf
Garlic powder
Fry light
200g mushrooms, left whole and wiped clean
2 eggs, beaten

Method:
Make breadcrumbs from the bread using a food processor or hand blender.

Once blended into crumbs, add approximately 2 tablespoon of garlic powder to the breadcrumbs

Spray a non stick baking tray with fry light, dip the mushrooms into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs, ensuring they are fully coated and place them onto the baking tray

Bake in a hot oven (gas mark 8) for around 20 minutes or until crisp and golden & serve with a tasty dip
(I had some garlic mayo for 3.5 syns for a spoon)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3028079&l=61760523e6&id=749772576

Syn Free Pancake!
So yummy & really tastes like your having something naughty to eat.

2 EGGS
SWEETENER
VANILLA ESSENCE
TOPPINGS OF YOUR CHOICE (I CHOOSE BANANA, STRAWBERRIES & 1 TEASPOON OF HONEY FOR 1 SYN)

Separate the eggs into two bowls - white and yolk.

Whisk the white and add 3 tsp sweetner (or to taste), whisking til white and meringue-ish
Add some vanilla essence to the yolk.

Add the yolk to the white and fold together - this is your batter.

frylight a pan and add all of the batter, spreading it gently with the back of a spoon.

leave pancakes alone until you can slide a fishslice underneath and flip over, then when other side is cooked turn pancakes from pan onto plate.

Top with your favourite toppings and serve!
Makes a great dessert or snack!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3037303&l=f06d2c959a&id=749772576

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back