• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Small Bald Spot on Front Left Paw

Cinnamon+Mocha

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
One of my pigs has a small bald spot on the side of her paw. Should I be worried?image.jpg

I always go with if I don't know what it is then go to the vet. A vet would rather see a healthy piggy with nothing wrong and an anxious owner than a piggy who is ill and an owner who has left it too late.

One of my boys had that when I got him. It had a scabby area around the outside. It was a bacterial skin infection. One round of antibiotics and it was gone. I would go to a vet for proper diagnosis. Sending healing vibes!

Piggies can get small bald spots on the inside of front legs where they join the paw. It’s often from cleaning / washing themselves. I can’t tell from your photo if that’s the case. If the skin isn’t sore, broken or scabby I would just watch and see if it gets any worse. If it does, I would take to the vet.

Back