• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Cavy Kung-Fu

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I swear my snails are brainless! I got a little reptile coconut house for when they were small, they're still using it even if they can't fit!

image.jpeg

They are BOTH in there and can't get out. HOW DO THEY KEEP GETTING IN BUT CAN'T DIG OUT?! :)) :))

image.jpeg

I had to rescue Dolohov because he was trying to get out using the tiny hole at the top XD

I always get the broken ones :mal::))

Haha! That picture is an example of hope, perseverance and futility! I'd love to know what they were thinking during that exploration!

Haha! That picture is an example of hope, perseverance and futility! I'd love to know what they were thinking during that exploration!

Probably not a lot :lol!:

They're so daft, I have no idea how they both got in there and actually FIT. I assumed they had dug a hole underneath but they hadn't!

Can we see more pics of your snails please?

I thought you would never ask! :yahoo:

It's rare for someone to WANT to see my snails :))

image.jpeg

^ Growing fast with brand new shell!

image.jpeg

^ Happily exploring my hand and rasping at me!

image.jpeg

^ Eating some piggy leftovers.

image.jpeg

^ I would like to think that it looks like they're having a cuddle, but I'm sure they're fighting over cuttlefish bone rights :))

I'll have to take some more pics, Iggy has been taking up most my time but I should have more now! :D

How long do they live for? How often do you clean them out?

They live for about 10 years, and I clean them out as and when really. They've never got to the point where they smell, I tend to do a partial soil change and just wipe the sides down with water. Generally I just take through the soil, taking out poops when I see them (they only seem to go once a day, big difference from piggies! :))) and hey presto they're fine!

They're really lovely, low maintaince creatures! :wub:

Just read through this thread and never really awwwed at snails before- until now! Perhaps they saw the reptile house as a big new shell to make their own? And I'm also intrigued what is rasping?

What does the rasping mean?

Sorry Cavy Kung-Fu for all of the questions, as I know that you gave a darling but poorly piggy to look after

Haha no problem! I always love talking snails! I'm cleaning all the piggies out right now so it's a welcome distraction too ;)

Rasping is their equivalent to a piggy nibbling you out of curiosity, it feels a bit like a cats tongue when they lick you. It's certainly an odd sensation (quite tickly!) and it's really quite sweet :3

Just read through this thread and never really awwwed at snails before- until now! Perhaps they saw the reptile house as a big new shell to make their own? And I'm also intrigued what is rasping?

I know right? I never thought I'd "aww" at them a few years ago either, and here I am cuddling them and loving them to bits!

Also their shells will get a lot bigger than that in the next few years too! :D

I hail have just returned my herd to their cage in the back room, and now I am reduced to a melting pile of goo.

Yep I am goo too, just got the piggies in (after Bellatrix living up to her name and torturing me!). Cages are clean, treats are in abundance and everyone has had a health check and weigh in... Phew I need a lay down! :))

The snails are out as it's morning for them, having a snack :D

Some handling today, been neglecting them a tad since looking after Iggy so thought we'd have some fun before I went out :wub:

image.jpeg

Can we come out and play? Let's escape!

image.jpeg

Warm hands! Come on Rosier!

image.jpeg

Nope I'm eating.

image.jpeg

Come take a picture with warm mum!

image.jpeg

Nope I'm still eating.

:lol!:

Back