• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Sneezing but no other symptoms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hot fox

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oscar has been sneezing quite a lot over the last few days. He is absolutely fine in every other respect, he does not have a wet nose or eyes, no wheezing or clicking sounds in his lungs, he is eating fine and it very happy for a cuddle. And is bright and lively as ever.
We use dust extracted hay and there's been no other change I can think that may have caused this. They have fleece, with inco pads underneath, and hay in boxes or special hay cube rack things I found on ebay.
Should I be worried? :... All the others are fine by the way.
Advise gratefully received, as ever!

jessica*rabbit

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
mine sneeze constantly, i was really worried and took them to a vet, nothing was wrong. its been going on for ages now, i think its the hay, we're just trying out different types to see what works best!x x x

hot fox

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yes, I was thinking it's proabably the hay, but I use dust extracted, and have been using the same bag for a while, as I also use the barn dried grass, so I don't get though a huge bag that quickly. I'm fairly sure I remember him sneezing repeatedly soon after we rescued him, so it's probably just an Oscacious phase that he goes though now and then! He's a special boy <3 X x

Status
Not open for further replies.