• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Sneezing Still after Vet Diagnosed Allergies

Angela99

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi me again.... my Truffle went to Vet Monday and she said his heart and lungs are healthy so his sneezing is allergies. I thought it was new hay I got a three weeks back that had another hay mixed in but I got rid of it two weeks ago. I eliminated fennel from his diet but it's not that. I've had him 3 years and my place is free a of allergens. I just did laundry with fragrance free detergent as usual.... I'm so confused... he I'd coughing a bit too... like once or twice. What should I do? Anyone deal with allergies? Thank you for your support

Angela

Attachments

• 20200515_183335.jpg
    20200515_183335.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 1
How often is he sneezing and have you noticed any other symptoms? And have you changed anything in terms of bedding recently?

How often is he sneezing and have you noticed any other symptoms? And have you changed anything in terms of bedding recently?
I'm home pretty often, but in the morning, mid day and then at 5pm... so I'd say 4 times a day. I buy fleece from Bed Bath Beyond and that's been consistent. The only change was that hay.... would it take a couple weeks for immune system relax from that hay?

4 times a day is a little more than I’ve experienced but don’t know that it’s bad. How long has he been sneezing x4 a day

4 times a day is a little more than I’ve experienced but don’t know that it’s bad. How long has he been sneezing x4 a day
Hmmm well let's say 2-5 times a day. It's been over 2 weeks... it started when I got new hay from Rabbit Rescue. I alwa6get hay from them and they get different hay sometimes depending on the farm etc. I'm just wondering if it takes a couple weeks to get out of his system... if anyone on here must have had pigs with allergies? He plays and runs around happily aside from sneezing and he sneezes in 3 s or 4's ... achoo achoo achoo .. achoo! Then I pick him up and give vitamin C. I just wish I knew the culprit

Is the hay dust extracted? It could be that but i don’t know. What veg do you feed him? If it’s varied and he eats hay then he shouldn’t need the vitamin c. You’ll get a better answer later on.

Back