• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Snow on its way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nooooooooooooooooooooo LOL

It looks pretty and all but it is sooooo scary to drive in!

I see it is due for the north and the east.....sooooo probably Edinburgh!

Joey&Gizmo

Adult Guinea Pig
Haha i read that too! But i bet you we wont have any, it would be nice to have a covering on christmas day to make it feel really christmassy. :))

Romily

Adult Guinea Pig
Oh no! My work is high up in a field miles away and is very hard to get to when it is snowing.

Romily

Adult Guinea Pig
Oh no! My work is high up in a field miles away and is very hard to get to when it is snowing.

MrsWilsoncroft

Adult Guinea Pig
Noooooo I hate ice and snow.
I really do not like driving in it, it terrifies me and to make matters worse they never come and grit our local streets so even just trying to drive out of our road is a nightmare :(
x

alisont

Adult Guinea Pig
As nice as it looks at first I dread the snow and ice:{

I have a near phobia of walking on slippery surfaces but thanks to ice grips I discovered on QVC last year I am a lot better now about it.

1 inch of snow and it grinds to a halt round hererolleyes

I'm also feeling the cold so much more this year since going on my diet, thermals will have to be dug out soon!

MellyWelly

Junior Guinea Pig
I love the snow!

But absolutely dread driving in it :(

Working out in the middle of the countryside doesn't help, I have to drive down icy country lanes -scares me big time!

For those of you in the Highlands - just remember to pack blankets, flask of hot drink, sensible boots and a shovel in your cars! I was also told some cardboard is useful to put under tyres if you get stuck - gives you some traction etc...

But my main worry this year though is keeping the piggies snug. Which reminds me, I better go and do their night snugglesafe pads now! :))

alisont

Adult Guinea Pig
I'm going to be so scared of getting the train to and from work in the snow :(
Me too but find trains better than roads/bus in the snow.

Best thing is to be prepared in snow - I wrap up in layers, take a hat/gloves, a book, bit of food and a flask of tea/coffee and my snow grips for my boots - always feel better then!

Gems

Adult Guinea Pig
Oh god I hope not! We've got to drive to Birmingham once a week for the next few weeks and it's hard enough when the weathers clear

MrsWilsoncroft

Adult Guinea Pig
Well this morning was a nightmare driving to work, its soo foggy I could hardly see other cars. And some idiots didnt even have their lights on :o

You can so tell by the way the weather is here that we are soon going to get snow x

Chesterfield is rubbish lol (don't get me wrong I love living here) but a tiny bit of snow and you'd think we lived somewhere remote.
I love the snow and don't mind driving in it, it's the ice and black ice I can't stand.
I've got a new car this year and it has some sort of button with traction control (summat like that) so I'll have to test it out.
My shed is going up tomorrow so at least I'll feel a bit happier about the piggies being warmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.