• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Snow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aalur

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Its snowing here in Eastbourne!

The flakes are getting bigger and heavier by the minute!..... and its laying, doesn't often happen here as we are protected by the south downs and are right by the sea!
Josh and Luke have gone out to walk my mums dog in the snow.

Is it snowing where you are? :)

Coool. I never knew you were from Eastbourne! I am too, but I'm in Gloucester at the mo for uni. We don't have anything yet. I think it snowed a bit last night, but it's all gone now though :(. Maybe later we'll get some :).

We have had our first bit of snow today, woke up this morning and it was covered. It looks nice but not for long when people have drove/walked in it all. lol x

No snow here at the moment. I really hope if it does snow its gone by the 17th of December because I'm looking after some rabbits and I'm so excited and I don't want the snow to stop me :))

cool! i live in langney, just up from the shopping centre, i work in there too! lol
Small world huh! :))

My sister lived in Langney! She's just recently moved to the Isle of Wight. How bizarre :))
I want snow! :(

You can all keep the snow thank you. Hate the stuff. Fine if you have no job to go to or no other reason to leave the house, not if you have an outside life to lead.

It's really heavy here! I think we're nearing 3-4 inches now, and its soft and fluffy and gorgeous. I want more though!

You can all keep the snow thank you. Hate the stuff. Fine if you have no job to go to or no other reason to leave the house, not if you have an outside life to lead.

I have an outside life thanks very much, and love the snow. More please!

As you hate it so much, can you send any you get up to me please :D

We have snow here in south wales too, it started yesterday at around 12.45pm and then i had to come home early from work at 02.50pm as it was getting worse. Its still here now but we've not had any more snow showers, but i here that this weather/cold is lasting for 10 days! It is just a covering for us but some areas are worse than others, as just 7miles away from me in Caerphilly i heard is really thick! :)

I have an outside life thanks very much, and love the snow. More please!

As you hate it so much, can you send any you get up to me please :D

So how do you get to work and get any kids you may have to school?

How do you visit any elderly/sick relatives you may have who depend on you, especially as they can't get out as it is too dangerous?

And any tips as to how to unfreeze outside yard taps and sugarbeet, try and stop 30 horses going nuts from being kept in cos if they go out they could all break their legs slipping in the stuff, yet still keep an arthritic horse moving, and actually getting up to the yard in the first place so you can muck out three times a day, would be fab, thanks.

And any tips as to how to unfreeze outside yard taps and sugarbeet, try and stop 30 horses going nuts from being kept in cos if they go out they could all break their legs slipping in the stuff, yet still keep an arthritic horse moving, and actually getting up to the yard in the first place so you can muck out three times a day, would be fab, thanks.

Having horses sucks in winter :(:)) At least I don't get snow where I live in Spain :p, just wet and cold. I think my horse would go mental if he couldn't get out! rolleyes Bad times!
Have no tips for you though sorry. Been a long time since I had horses in England and even then I was too young to know :))

i love it but i still go to school so i really dont mind if i cant get to school because of the snow lol i love snow but i hate the cold, if only snow was warm!:Ayociexp113:

A dusting of snow overnight last night, it's forecast for tomorrow morning, but absolutely no sign whatsoever of it yet. The ground is clear. I feel I'm missing out!

Having horses sucks in winter :(:)) At least I don't get snow where I live in Spain :p, just wet and cold. I think my horse would go mental if he couldn't get out! rolleyes Bad times!
Have no tips for you though sorry. Been a long time since I had horses in England and even then I was too young to know :))

Our girl is pretty calm about it but some of the others are awful, when we could finally turn out again one of the mares went ballistic and reared up over the girl taking her out, she's only little the girl and got pulled all over the place, then the horse slipped...argh it was horrible.

Wet is fine, horses are waterproof (ish)!

The snow also confuses my guineas as the conservatory has a clear roof, but when it snows it obviously makes it rather dark in there, so they think it's nighttime all day and sleep all the time, then want feeding at silly hours!

we had some last night which is REALLY unusual...oh let Jet out for pee at 4am and said it was snowing and i had to do all i could to make myself stay in bed and not run out to play he he he

Anyway, managed until 6am then had to get up and take Heidi to the park...it was looooooovely and we shared a moment.

Its dead weird though...like talc!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back