• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Snowy unplugs the house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhubarb

I will get a photo put up of Snowy, at least before he blows us up!

We lost internet and telephone connections yesterday. We checked and checked and couldn't find the problem so eventually called BT, who kindly called back since I was on a mobile phone.

The engineer checked the line and said the problem was in the house and had we really checked everything?
Well, we thought we had.
He asked us to check the box on the wall, which is behind a small bookcase, where Snowy's cage sits on top...............
As my husband was moving the bookcase I noticed Snowy's cage wasn't fixed together properly.
'Where's Snowy?' I cried!
'Who's Snowy?' asked the engineer on the phone.
'My hamster'
'Your hamster? Is this like a mouse?'
'Yes, but he hasn't got a tail'

There behind the bookcase was all the telephone wiring all wrapped like spaghetti with Snowy asleep in the middle zzz

He woke up and sheepishly sat there with his paws held in 'pray'.
My husband picked him and I put him back in the cage, while apoligising to the engineer for wasting his time, but what could we do with all the chewed wires?
He told us to gather up the wires and take them to Mapplins which would still be open at that time of night and get replacements.

We did that and re-plugged the telephone and internet cable.

The phone rang! It works :(|)
It was the BT engineer to ask if we were happy with his service. I again said Thank you and sorry for wasting his time when all along Snowy had made a bed out of the wiring.

'How is Snowy, he isn't hurt is he?'
The engineer hadn't phone to see about the service but how the Hamster was!

Wingus-dingus

Adult Guinea Pig
What a great story well done mr BT man for thinking about Snowy. Hamsters can be little minx's I had one once who had one of those cages with a plastic tray and a wire top. For weeks I couldn't understand where the stain on my wall was coming from, was it damp? wall fungus? Then one night I found out Hammey was putting both his back legs up on the edge of the plastic tray and peeing out of his cage and onto my wall, no wonder his sawdust always seemed dry!

Rhubarb

Snowy wouldn't use his potty as such. He would empty the grit into the other corner to use. So then I'd put the potty in That corner and once again he would empty the potty into the Other corner.
I gave up.
I'd put the grit into a bowl and leave him to do what ever he decided. He used the bowl.
I love the way they almost stand on their heads to pee!

Status
Not open for further replies.