• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

So cold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
last night I went out to my car after work and started to scrape the ice off of the windows. I noticed it wasn't doing anything... because the ice was on the inside too :o

I can only get warm in the evenings if I'm wearing my onsie, dressing gown & have a fleece blanket over me too - the heating is on too.

I've never known it to be so cold 8...

i was really cold in the house, but was surprised that it didnt feel colder outside, very strange!

I have really felt the cold this year - I blame my diet less body fat!

I have taken to wearing 2 thermal tops/tshirts/cardy/fleece and coat now but am still often cold out.

Have 4 layers on inside and the heating is on 25 yet still cold:{

last night I went out to my car after work and started to scrape the ice off of the windows. I noticed it wasn't doing anything... because the ice was on the inside too :o

I can only get warm in the evenings if I'm wearing my onsie, dressing gown & have a fleece blanket over me too - the heating is on too.

I've never known it to be so cold 8...

I live not far from Bailey and when we left work last night at 5.30 it was terrible we had to de ice the cars. Went to Burringham to fetch the hay from the farm and it was -10 at 6.00pm. Terrible! Last night we had the heating on full and i was still cold, worst ever i have experienced. Scunnys no better today either. rolleyes

I shall be moaning about the cold tomorrow as work back open and with the current state of the local trains looks like my only option is to walk 3 miles there, then back later:{

In my car this morning it was -12, currently at -6 and dropping rapidly. I do not remember it being so cold before!

I've just been to give blood. They had heaters in the sports hall from 7 this morning and it was only 15 degrees at 14.15. It has to be 16 degrees for them to take blood otherwise they can't use it, so they had to send for heaters from somewhere else. Eventually at just after 3 it got up to 16 but it dropped again so they had to stop for a while.

They have been saying that teh blood banks are running really low, it is frustrating though as I can't donate for health reasons. It would be a lovely gift to give people this year.

We had to pop out to the shops last night and it was so cold just walking from the car to the shops, i felt really sick. It also made me cough really badly and i was only out in the cold for a couple of minutes at most.
The tempertaure was around -4, but it felt a lot colder.

We have lived at our present home for 15 years and most years around christmas we leave bottles outside the back door so that they don't take up room in your fridge, anyhow this is the first year that the bottles have frozen up completely. I have brussel sprouts in my shed keeping fresh for christmas even they have frozen.:{

It was -12 in Chesterfield at 7.30 this morning (frrrrreezing brrrrrrr) and then warmed up to -2 around 4pm although you couldn't tell at all.
I can't ever remember it being this cold, I've got my fire on heating on and the electric fan, I'm wrapped up in a chunky cardi and I'm still freezing.

Only time I was warm today was after a mug of mulled cider:))

Dreading tomorrow as if trains not running I need to consider walking 3 miles in the cold/snow/ice to work - on the other hand bet I find there are no trains and ring work ask to take another days leave so I can go back in the warmth:{

Next heating/elec bill will be scary!

Ours is going to be huge too.

It was -12 driving to work yesterday morning but not been as cold today. Been getting lifts the last 2 days but colleague isn't in tomorrow so need to either drive (eeek) or get the train. OH travels into London and back each day and apparently the trains have been a nightmare, so many cancelled it's unbelievable. My work is on part of the line where not all trains stop too. On top of that I have training bang on 9 o'clock and so can't be late.

We had -8 in the day yesterday,I am sick of being cold,even in the house with the heating on full blast.We have more snow forecast tonight,great joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back