• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

So excited! I found a new animal rescue in my area, with a potential friend for Lottie!

Hannah_xx

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Australia, Victoria. (originally from Essex, UK)
I’ve been searching the internet and Gumtree every minute of everyday for the past week trying to find Lottie a friend. Nothing was coming up in my area and with Melbourne in Stage 4 look down and the towns around me in stage 3 it has been making it even more difficult. (I’m out in the country).
Suddenly a new ad appeared on PetRescue website for 2 boars in my closet town, clicked on it and discovered Pyrenees Animal rescue which is my area! Has NEVER heard of them before! I scouted out their FB and they look brilliant! Lots of dogs, cats and guinea pigs in fosters homes and being adopted!
Anyway! I’ve got in contact with them and they have 2 potential females that are available. One called pumpkin and the other called Emily. They are about an hour away which is a bit of a problem but from what I understand we are allowed to travel to an appointment to pick up an adopted pet (and I of course would be extremely careful and not stop ANYWHERE else).
They were really happy with the photo of my setup and the sound of my guinea pig care.

Pumpkin does have a little lump, possibly a wart they said.. however I’m not sure if pigs get warts do they? I’ve asked for some more info and just waiting on a reply.
Just thought I’d share my exciting update!
I’ll keep you all posted!
P.s.. I will only adopt 1 not 2!

Fantastic news! Fingers crossed for you and Lottie.

Brilliant news :-) Hope one of them is right for Lottie :-)

Really excited for you and Lottie :yahoo:Keep us updated. Whichever piggie you choose they will be very lucky x

Wow what luck finding the rescue! Fingers crossed for you and little Lottie! X

Let us know how you get on! Hope they both (!) like Lottie and she likes them.

I’m going to meet Pumpkin and Emily on Thursday! I’ve seen photos of them both, their both cuties, no idea how I’ll choose!
Well Lottie Will be choosing in the end of course!
They seem to think Pumpkin will be better suited, but I’m worried about the lump they mentioned. Only because it’s not been long since I lost Wilma to cancer, and with most my herd having fatty lumps, And with Patrick and Mary who both have eye problems I just don’t want to jump straight into more stress. I’ll see what I think the lump is when I meet her anyway and go from there :)
Emily is cute, she’s a black crested!
They think they are both around 2 years old.

Back