so I go on everyones nerves apparently...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
there is a forum I have been going to for some time now, the people used to be really nice, great advice on guinea pigs, I loved it there. (german forum)

Now I am getting married next year, also some other members of the forum, and we started a wedding thread where we discussed everything, in the off topic section.

The off topic section also has special threads for when you are feeling down, feeling particularly(sp) happy about something, and you can just post there and share your emotions. Now a couple a weeks ago something really nice in regard to the wedding, and I posted in the "I'm so happy because.." thread. A member that apparently doesnt like weedings anyway, and also doesnt really like me, had to reply really cheekily that we have a special thread for this... fair enough, I still think if I am happy about something then I should be able to post about it there, I mean, some people post there that they are happy that they have a new guinea pig, even though there is already a thread in which they discussed when they will get it and blabla...

Anyway, today I posted a thread called "Lovesongs?" where I wanted to know what peoples favourite lovesongs were - in regard to our wedding. I wanted to know what people like, so I could maybe get some ideas.

Same person comes and goes on and on about that we have a thread for wedding stuff, and anyway, there are so many wedding forums I could go to to talk about that sort of thing, quote: "we are a GUINEA PIG FORUM here."

I replied saying that its a) in the off topic section, b) other members have talked about car insurance and moving houses in this forum so thats just as much not guinea pig related, and c) I wanted to talk with the members of THIS forum about it and not some random wedding forum because I know and like alot of people here d) that its sort of its own topic anyway, lovesongs, because its interesting to know what songs people like, wedding or not.

Anyway, this afternoon, Admin came along, closed the thread, saying "I agree with what Choice has said, its wonderful youre getting married but could you please stop going on everyones nerves with it?"

I was gobsmacked.

That was so rude! I didnt think that the admin was doing so obvious favouritism, they know each other from forums meetings and all, but I didnt think they would just go around closing threads like that..

I mean it just hurt, it was like, yeah wonderful, but noones interested if youre getting married or die, why are you bothering us?
they are so FALSE, like, always going "oh your guinea pigs are so cuuuuuute" and at the same time "well why should we care whats going on in your life"

And I am just wondering if I am really that bad, I mean it IS awfully exciting for me and I like to talk about it, but I didnt think it was that bad... it just knocked me down a bit :(

All my family is in Germany, so I can really only talk about the whole wedding stuff with my boyfriend and his parents, and so I'm a bit frustrated anyway because I would love to have my sisters come with me to pick fabrics for the dress, and all that sort of thing...
And so far me and my boyfriend had to do everything ourselves, planning the date, the location, the menu, the outfits, the decorations, the cake and topper, finding a photographer... And even things like hairdo and makeup I sort of have to decide on my own because my boyfriend obviously thinks thats girl stuff, but all my sisters and friends are in another country :(

And so with me not being able to share excitement anyway, I get told even on the internet that noones interested and that I go on peoples nerves with it.. and I am just wondering if they are maybe right and wonder what my friends actually think about it...

Even though I know those people on the forum were just being nasty... oh I dont know :(

I just feel crap now.

Sorry for the rant.

cashmincal

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey - let us KNOW about your wedding I'd love to hear about it hun, and don't worry about what they have said, and don't let it get to you.

Take care,

Clare x

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi Ulrike

Take no notice, maybe the person in question is jealous ? Like Clare said tell us. I could always make you and your hubby to be a giant piggy bed ;D

Cheer up & stand tall, you know you aint a bad person ;)

Niki x

Reaction score
thank you guys!

It was just that they made it sound like "You know a wedding isnt really that special, happens everyday, why do you keep telling us we are just not interested" and it is just an awful feeling.. :'(

makes you wonder why you put so much effort into planning the whole thing. : /

Heh, Ill have to ask future hubby what he thinks about spending his wedding night in a huge fleece piggy bed ;D

D

DebbieR

How rude! I think you were treated terribly. >:(
Planning a wedding is an all consuming past time. It's the most exciting and stressful thing you will ever do and its when you realise that the man you plan to spend the rest of life with only wants to turn up and that's the end of his involvement ;D And, yes weddings happen every day but not to you. Its your day to shine. Its a day when everything is about you and every girl deserves to be a princess for the day.When I planned my wedding it was all I could think of for the 10 months I was doing it.
So, I would love to hear all about your wedding plans my love. My 5th anniversary is coming up and it will make me all nostalgic.
If you want any tips or ideas I would be very happy to pass some on. Ours was done on a shoestring budget but everyone said it was the best wedding they had been to.
We had bubbles instead of confetti and it was like being in a fairytale.
As for love songs...ours was In My Life by The Beatles. :)

kayjay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ignore them hun, I've found some forums to be soooo rude to people, I don't post. I stick to this one and one other piggy forum and the rabbitrehome forum. On the rabbit forum we've had some really heated topics but most people seem to respect each other's opinion even if it's opposite to theirs.

I don't know you but nor do they, so how can they make you feel like a bad person. Ignore them, they're not worth it. Even if some of them think you going on about getting married gets on their nerves, they don't have to click on the post to read it do they? Bit like the off switch on the tv, if you don't like the subject, don't read it! Their problem not yours ;)

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
kayjay said:
Ignore them hun, I've found some forums to be soooo rude to people, I don't post. I stick to this one and one other piggy forum and the rabbitrehome forum. On the rabbit forum we've had some really heated topics but most people seem to respect each other's opinion even if it's opposite to theirs.

I don't know you but nor do they, so how can they make you feel like a bad person. Ignore them, they're not worth it. Even if some of them think you going on about getting married gets on their nerves, they don't have to click on the post to read it do they? Bit like the off switch on the tv, if you don't like the subject, don't read it! Their problem not yours ;)
Well said Kathryn ;D

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Abnoba - Start a topic in Chit Chat if you want about your wedding. All of us here would love to hear about your plans and how things are going with organising it! :)

Reaction score
Don't have much to add because looking through the replies everybody has already said what I want to say ;D

But yes feel free we would love to hear and discuss your wedding plans / problems / dilemmas etc :-*

We are a friendly forum, I would be lost without it and the friends i've made from it :)

kayjay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
squeakypigs said:
Abnoba - Start a topic in Chit Chat if you want about your wedding. All of us here would love to hear about your plans and how things are going with organising it! :)
I was going to suggest this, I'm happy to go on forever about my wedding day, I still remember it as being one of the happiest in my life and only wish I could do it again! I'd love to hear about yours and anyone elses plans.

Kathryn xx

Reaction score
Hi you

Some people are so rude! Id love to hear about your wedding plans :)

Reaction score
Hiya

I cant get over that - that was horrible of them to do that and i'm sorry but I think admin should have known better - thats horrible :(

Even though i'm not engaged myself, I love hearing and discussing weddings, I mean they are one of the happiest days of someones life...

Go for it.... tell us all ;) ;)

x

Reaction score
Hi if you are posting in chit chat then you can post about anything you like that's the idea.

If people don't want to read it or reply then they don't have to.

If you were posting it under guinea pig stuff then people might have a right to be annoyed but it doesn't sound like this was the case so they shouldn't have been so rude.

S

snugglypig

I love weddings and everything about them so start a thread here

karen

Status
Not open for further replies.