• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

So.. i had my baby :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Becky92

Junior Guinea Pig
http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=904754#post904754

Quite comical really, i posted that thread on the saturday afternoon .. little did i know that later on that night i would go into labor :))

My princess 'Ellie faith' arrived at 8.21am sunday morning weighing 6lb 1oz

Was in early labour for quite a while ( less than 4cm dilated ) , but active labour for only about 6 hours. Went in to get examined at 1am sunday morning as the contractions were getting more than just 'niggly' and they said i was 3cm, i could either go home or be admitted onto a ward of people in labor. So as you can probly guess i went home lol. I stayed very active during my labour, constantly marching round the house. Then at 5am i couldnt cope with the pain.. so off we went back. Climbing up the inside of the car through each contraction lol. I was then 7cm and got put in a delivery room. At 7.50 i started pushing and 8.21 my baby girl came out !

I am really proud of how i coped. I was hardly snappy to anyone. And check this - NO pain relief. (I'm usually a wimp and even had numbing cream for a small tattoo:)) But it just like i was on a mission and with my OH at one side and my mum at the other i was going to get through it ! In my birth plan i was dead set against an epidural , so i opted for gas & air and pain relief injections if necessary.

I tried gas & air and absolutely HATED it. I can only describe it as breathing in the air from a non air conditioned gym lol, warm smelly and overpowering!
Just before i was allowed to push i was really struggling but stayed strong because the pain relief injection pethidine can make baby drowsy for upto 3 days, and i didnt want that for my baby especially with wanted to breast feed.

So now ellie is 6 days old, breast feeding is going fantastic..shes gaining weight.. And i just love her so much ! Ellie has the best daddy in the world, dont ask me how or why but the week before i went into the labour something changed and he was there at my side like my mr perfect. Being parents has glued us together now and its fantastic x)

On a darker note i lost my poorly guinea pig jazz, sunday lunchtime :( Not a nice thing to come home to. She was absolutely fine sunday am as i phoned through instructions to my mum for the meds from my hospital bed.

So rest in peace my little chunky monkey, you rest along side miley like you always loved. Keep each other save & run free

As for the rest of the guinea pig clan they are all doing fab and I'm coping really well! 9 guinea pigs & 1 rabbit. When ellies asleep i take the baby monitor out with me to open the shed in the morning & at teatime/night i try and get either my mum or ellies daddy to have her for a cuddle whilst i put them to bed. As for cleaning out i did them saturday morning before i went into labour ( Which probly helped speed it up ! ) so it really helped that they were already clean to begin with.

Hope all you Guinea pig folk are well and we send our love !!

Attachments

MrsWilsoncroft

Adult Guinea Pig
Congratulations on the birth of your gorgeous baby girl x>>

Sorry to hear about Jazz though, poor little thing r.i.p. x

piggiewiggie

Adult Guinea Pig
WOW congratulations! She is absolutely beautiful! What a gorgeous little face.
RIP to your piggy, hugs.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Shellza

Adult Guinea Pig
Aww, how sweet is she! Oh you're making me all broody :)) I'm glad to hear she is doing well...you must be so brave not having pain relief!

Sorry to hear about Jazz though. Rest in peace little piggy :rose

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Congratulations on the birth of your gorgeous little princess, and well done with the labour too! :)) xxxxx

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
Congratulations, your baby girl is sooooo beautiful arrr princess Ellie x)

Really sorry you lost Jazz, but you sound really positive and like you are coping so well, so good on you.

take care of your little clan x

ps/ glad your bloke came through for you, hope he realises what he has now x

lily 74

Adult Guinea Pig
Congrats!

Ellie is gorgeous!

I think your great coping with a new baby, house and 9 guineapigs! brillant!:))

Status
Not open for further replies.