• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Sociology can anyone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gothchick1515

I need HELP! how do i link feminism and social class? feminism and culture and then feminism and health inequalities. HELP! I'm so stressed i need a paragraph on each by 2 tomoro HELP ME! mayday mayday! x x x

Culture- talk about the movement of feminism in writing (1970s and 80s) Germaine Greer, Fay Weldon, Margaret Atwood, Janette Winterson. Also in art with people like Judy Chicago - look at her installation called the Dinner Party - she set place mats for famous women throughout time, but each place was in the style of female genitalia.

Health inequalities - birth conrtol, giving women the right not to have children, also legalised abortion (whether or not you agree with it) and sterilisation. The coming of the male pill equals the responsibility of women.
Regular breast and cervical screening for women - HOWEVER this is not equal as men do not have the same for prostate and testicular cancer.

Social class - with the coming of birth control poorer families do not have to keep having kids they can't feed. Compare this country with the places like the Phillipines and India where women sell their children because they can't afford to feed them. Also in these countries women are forced into prostitution to feed kids.

Hope this is some help!

*bows* Lucinda thanks your a star! almost finished with it now YAY! but the screening of breast cancer etc it great thanks x ps Kelly lol its interesting but gives me brain ache lol x

I did AS Sociology this year and last year at college - got a U first year and now an overall D lol. I had to write a feminism essay in the module i retook in Jan and got a B overall. I don't know how lol. Lucinda looks as though she is better at sociology than me but if you need any help and you have MSN give me a shout!

Thought my boy could help but he's not done that particular module yet.

I took a sociology GCSE (I know, only a GCSE :-[) but I didn't cover that.

its part of a btec health course so not alot of as students do it lol I'm ok now what do you all think of it i have attached it above

yay thanks i hope its ok for my lecturer its distinction level!

well done Verity! I am impressed! Just threw out a few ideas late last night, but I have never done sociology!
Good luck with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back