• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Some people are so lovely - A good reason to support local shops!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayceeStar

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Today I braved the snow and walked into the village to get some hay, as supplies were running low. We always use a local shop that opened a few months ago for all our pet supplies, they offer free delivery and Julie, the owner, always gives the bunnies and piggies a cuddle when she comes up. In the summer she even brings dandelions for them!
Today when mum and I got to the shop, she offered us a home made mince pie and a coffee, and we spent an hour in the shop just chatting and having a lovely time. I told her about the Secret Santa and she gave me some free treats, and she also gave us each a free raffle ticket - I won a stocking with Tigger on it and a new food bowl - perfect for veggies!
She's so nice and always orders in whatever I ask for, and always enjoys a chat about the animals. She's even offered to order me in some special chaps for riding.(I have huge calves and they never fit properly haha)
She then offered to advertise my website and promote my pet photo shoots :)
We had a lovely morning, and it's just nice to know that you have somebody as caring as her, and it's great keeping it all as local shops. I'd never consider going anywhere else for my animal supplies!
In the new year she will be selling her products online and delivering across the country - if you are interested, her website is http://www.chapsivybridge.co.uk/

Thanks for the recommendation, we will be giving the store a visit next time my daughter needs new riding 'stuff'. Not many places near to Plymouth for that. :))

Thanks for the recommendation, we will be giving the store a visit next time my daughter needs new riding 'stuff'. Not many places near to Plymouth for that. :))

It's great! All the equine stuff is upstairs :) They have hats, chaps, boots, jodphurs, and loads of equine "fashion" items, (Joules, Lazyjacks, Hac-Tac etc :))

It is lovely having knowledgable people locally!

Awwww that sounds like such a lovely shop. If only more places were like that. Nowadays I cant help but notice how miserable or rude some places are lol....x

its so nice to have that personal touch in local shops, i always try and support my local shops when i can, they are all struggling in todays economic climate, plus i find you can always get unusual items in little local stores!

Aw, that sounds really nice! I do really like local shops myself, and try to use them wherever possible. We have a good pet supply shop in a town nearby to me which I try to use - they just don't have a use stock supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back