• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Sore throat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've had it for a week now. Grrr

I always get them. Usually with few other symptoms except some earache. Once it lasted a month. It's viral so there is little that can be done. The problem is also i have an extreme gag reflex so no-one can look down my throat (my anaesthetist said when he intubated me my gag was one of the worst he'd seen - whch justified me having a GA for a gastroscopy!)

Aww, I hope you get well soon!

I hate having a sore throat, it effects everything you try to do. It hurts to swallow (so eating and drinking is difficult) it hurts to cough, it hurts to sneeze, I hate them.

hope you are feeling better soon the change of weather does'nt help does it, I had a twilight sleep when I had my 2 gastroscopy and she sprayed this disgusting thing like hot bananas that numbed my throat found stomach ulcers which was embarrasing considering all the other ladies were at least 70 and were all given the all clear, I'm only a young un 45 well nearly a young un ok getting on then ::)

What I found good for a sore throat is ginger. You grate ginger into a mug of boiled water add some lemon and suger or honey, it sooths it for abit and its not that bad of a drink!

Mary

My mum always made me lemon and honey drinks when I was younger for sore throats. I used to get tonsillitus monthly (sometimes twice a month) until I had them whipped out when I was 13. She used fresh lemon juice and a large spoonful of honey - always helped! Oh, nearly forgot, she crushed an aspirin in as well to help with the pain side of it. I still make them now whenever a sore throat pops up.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Oh poor you. I hope it gets better soon.
The best thing for sore throats is gargling with salt water.

Thanks all.

I have taken today off - woohoo! I could hardly speak this morning. I sounded like my father when he had laryngeal cancer . .

Woke up this morning, totally unable to speak!

Shouting only produces a whisper! it has become real laryngitis. I sound like my father after his surgery!

So I rang up the hopsital and shouted/ whispered that i probably won't be in tomorrow.

I have never actually "lost" my voice before. Now I realise what a terrible strain it was for my dad, although he sounds better than me now.

aw get better soon. I am a frequent sufferer with over using my voice and its seriously not nice! Hope them piggys are looking after Mummy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back